• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Introduction

Welcome to the Andremore Metropolitan Area

Update 11/16/2014: You can now click on these images for a full view.

This City Journal takes you on a journey through the expansive city of Andremore and its surrounding regions.

I. History

The story begins when settlers migrating from the north found a plot of land just outside of the limits of the State from which they migrated. The settlers wanted to incorporate a city where they could have a freedom of cultural expression that was being stifled by the conservative attitude of their parent state.

01_andremore_metropolitan_area_beginning_reduced_by_dmozero2-d86obuz.jpg

The site of the proposed settlement was on the border of two relatively small states on the east coast of the country of Zodia--Geminia and Tauria.

02_andremore_state_limits_reduced_by_dmozero2-d86obuv.jpg

The city of Andremore was founded in the northeasternmost corner of the State of Tauria.

03_andremore_city_limits_reduced_by_dmozero2-d86obur.jpg

II. Today

Today, Andremore is the largest city on the east coast, featuring the tallest and most diverse skyline in the country. With the most expansive seaport in the country, Andremore serves as the largest importer/exporter of commercial goods.

04_andremore_metropolitan_area_reduced_by_dmozero2-d86obum.jpg

The metropolitan area has a whopping 6,835,000 residents and 3,049,000 jobs spread out across several incorporated cities and suburbs. The remainder of the City Journal will walk through each of the major highlights of the metro area, stopping in various cities and suburbs along the way.

05_andremore_metropolitan_area_city_map_reduced_by_dmozero2-d86obue.jpg

With a sprawling populace and rapid growth, the Andremore government had the foresight to invest liberally in the development of an intricate highway system. More details about the interstate system will be provided in a later post.

06_andremore_metropolitan_area_transit_reduced_by_dmozero2-d86obu9.jpg

07_andremore_metropolitan_area_interstate_map_redu_by_dmozero2-d86obu6.jpg

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Thanks, GreekMan. I finally finished the entire region so I figured it was time to share it now. I'd be interested in knowing how my method for sharing the pictures works for you. I wanted to share very large pictures because there is so much detail, but I didn't want to get yelled at for having oversized pics.

Share this comment

well the method works for this update but when you have regular updates then you have to have the 600 by 800 pics but you probably know this!

Share this comment

@PipCard - Thanks!

@GreekMan - I was afraid of that. I guess I will do all region pics using this method, but city pics I will convert to 800 x 600.

Share this comment