• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Day 7

chimeran

completely re-doing the layout of wilmer b/c i didn't like the original layout.

blogentry-462032-0-12151100-1343230984_t

it all starts with the rail depot and i had to completely rethink the layout and i'm more or less happy with it. blogentry-462032-0-43968300-1343230983_t

it's adding the trees and flowers around the container area which is mostly time consuming b/c i have to put them in by hand and have to be careful when i put the flowers in or they will show up in the road and that won't do at all.

blogentry-462032-0-70784500-1343230985_tblogentry-462032-0-88199900-1343230984_t

and i can't figure out the red tiling effect for the sidewalks. and it's pretty much random when they show up. it must be one of the road texture mods for NAM that might be doing it and that might be the source of the crashing if i have a euro mod in addition to the standard american mod but if i'm not mistaken i needed a euro addon for something i really wanted and it listed it as a dependency.

someone suggested that i take half the plugins out and run the game to see if it will crash but not sure if it will crash anyway since some of the mods are dependent on one another and it would be time consuming anyway since there are over 1,700 folders alone in the EA plugins folder and i still haven't checked the documents plugins folder.

so far the only fix that i have is to put a governor aka CPUCount to keep it from crashing

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

[font="Open Sans, Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#58534b"]Nice train rails [/color][/size][/font]

[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 235)]Btw, if you want make a picture for your city next time, hide all that menues, by that "-" in the left bottom if you see it, and use ctrl+alt+s to shoot a picture [/background][/size][/font][/color] :D

Share this comment

A lot of the extra custom stuff included in the NAM completely baffles me . I wish I could help you out with that!

Share this comment

[quote name='NMUSpidey' timestamp='1343303340']
A lot of the extra custom stuff included in the NAM completely baffles me . I wish I could help you out with that!
[/quote]

well the the new road textures are somewhat better and i think my CTD might be the airport. i'll take it out and all of it's components to see if that will resolve it

Share this comment