"I spy with my little eye... something big... something that seems to look like a megaproject..."
Construction of Atarashima's mega construction project began in December, it has been named "The biggest recreational and urban renewal project since the Minato District Renewal Project"
October 02, 2007: The government plans a new complex in south Higashikaigan
November 14, 2007: Plans for the new complex goes ahead
December 13, 2007: The new complex named Kagyoma Complex
February 21, 2008: Construction of Kagyoma Complex begins
August 2008-March 2011: Urban sprawl in Atarashima grows around Kagyoma Complex
June 17, 2011: Images of Kagyoma Complex spreads around Atarashima "The project doesn't look like their building houses or offices"
June 18, 2011: The government reveals that Kagyoma Complex is not going to be a residential, commercial or industrial complex
July 13, 2012: Press conference with architects, builders and the President announces that the construction is going to be a sporting and recreational complex
July 14, 2012: Official name of the complex is confirmed to be Kagyoma Park
July 17, 2012: Designs of Kagyoma Park released
- K1 Tower - August 01, 2012
- Renovated ARTS Station - Completed
- Hiroku Shimizu Centre - Completed
- Atarashima Tennis Complex (ATC) - July 23, 2012
- Indoor Sporting Buildings (KSB) - Completed
- Jackson Grounds - Completed
- Samurin Training Grounds - Completed
- Kagyoma Park Aquatic Centre (KPAC) - Completed
- Higashikaigan Dome - Completed
- World Plaza Building - Completed
- Kagyoma Metrodome - August 01, 2012
- Kagyoma Park Broadcasting Tower - Completed
- Ferry Wharf - Completed
- Kagyoma Monument (KAMON) - Completed
- C Centre (C2) - Completed
- Kagyoma Park Gallery - July 30, 2012
Thanks for viewing this entry Hope to see you next time!