• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

So far I have seen the 1st and 2nd entries of your journal and I believe there is much room for improvement. Here are some things I would suggest to make it a lot stronger and using these tips would help in the long run:

1-For titles; don't use titles like "-usernames- City Journal" or "My region is finally good enough to show off". Instead, why not rename the journal "The Pristine Harbor of Atlanta" and play with entry names like instead of "ATL", use something like "Lets go to Downtown Atlanta" and for the 1st one, how about "Welcome to Atlanta, the city that has it all"

2-If you are having problems with Photobucket, don't release pictures until you know what the problem is and when it's fixed. Between releasing entries, be sure to upload your pics ahead of time and once your pics seem to be fine that's your green light.

3-[u]Custom content is a must[/u]. CJ readers are looking for cities with something different in them. Look around in the forums, other CJs if you aren't sure what content to use. Check the STEX, the BSC LEX and the many Japanese SC4 sites for content to spice up your cities. Don't just look for landmarks or other ploppables, also look for growables to cut back on effort.

4-When you take screenshots, try using Photoshop or Gimp to bring life into your pictures. Adding rain effects, sun glare effects and the likes will really make you screenshots pop! Other things to do is make up a news channel for your city, possibly do a Wikipedia-style statistics sheet to bring in that sense of connectivity between the readers and your region.

5-After you get the 1st 4 tips down, the last thing to do is draw in readers by promoting your journal. When you are able to have a signature in your posts, put a link to your journal in the signature and have someone feature it on the homepage.

If you follow these suggestions, you will have a rocking city journal!

Share this comment

[quote name='usfighter15' timestamp='1340498605']
So far I have seen the 1st and 2nd entries of your journal and I believe there is much room for improvement. Here are some things I would suggest to make it a lot stronger and using these tips would help in the long run:

1-For titles; don't use titles like "-usernames- City Journal" or "My region is finally good enough to show off". Instead, why not rename the journal "The Pristine Harbor of Atlanta" and play with entry names like instead of "ATL", use something like "Lets go to Downtown Atlanta" and for the 1st one, how about "Welcome to Atlanta, the city that has it all"

2-If you are having problems with Photobucket, don't release pictures until you know what the problem is and when it's fixed. Between releasing entries, be sure to upload your pics ahead of time and once your pics seem to be fine that's your green light.

3-[u]Custom content is a must[/u]. CJ readers are looking for cities with something different in them. Look around in the forums, other CJs if you aren't sure what content to use. Check the STEX, the BSC LEX and the many Japanese SC4 sites for content to spice up your cities. Don't just look for landmarks or other ploppables, also look for growables to cut back on effort.

4-When you take screenshots, try using Photoshop or Gimp to bring life into your pictures. Adding rain effects, sun glare effects and the likes will really make you screenshots pop! Other things to do is make up a news channel for your city, possibly do a Wikipedia-style statistics sheet to bring in that sense of connectivity between the readers and your region.

5-After you get the 1st 4 tips down, the last thing to do is draw in readers by promoting your journal. When you are able to have a signature in your posts, put a link to your journal in the signature and have someone feature it on the homepage.

If you follow these suggestions, you will have a rocking city journal!
[/quote]
I agree fully if you see my first cj entry's then yea i needed these tips i am working on something at the moment its big and i am trying to be as realistic as possible im looking at Google maps and what not to research highway interchanges road layouts anyway follow this and your cj will be good i even learned something today.

Share this comment

i dont know whats up with Photobucket imean i uploaded all my pics from my last entry with it! these are my 1st entry's im not @ all familiar with this site or better yet SC4 to know the does and donts. I do use STEX, BSC, and LEX u prob cant see them on here but i try to find the most realistic buildings, as far as sceenshot thing i can try it, the wikipedia thing i dont understand what u mean maybe you can show me a tutorial or something! Anyways i tried uploadinging the pic again so hopefully it stays this time. Thanks for the insite guys I plan on putting more effort and energy into this CJ

Share this comment

Nice to see a city journal about my home city. You got some buildings and the highway system right with the Grady curve and the downtown connector. I would add the aquarium, a more realistic phillips arena, the coca cola headquarters/ georgia tech campus, centennial olympic park, and the georgia state capitol has a gold dome. Good luck with building the busiest airport in the world. So far, this is a good beginng imitation of Atlanta.

Share this comment

thanks, its kinda hard to be realistic with the little things sites have to offer for Atl but im trying!!!! hay i f u could find em and let me knw ill greatly appreciate it

Share this comment