• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Carbon Vista

inventingnothing

CarbonValleyWelcomesign.jpg

Come visit the beautiful vistas and stand beneath the cooling spray of the water falls of Carbon Valley. Raw Industry juxtaposed against the wonderful scenery of a mountain valley is the theme. So come on in and let's take a tour of our first stop along the way.

A1traincurveheadingeast.jpg

Winding down through the valley, this coal train is carrying the energy needed to power the rest of Simtropolis.

A1creekbridge.jpg

Hidden away beneath this freight line is one of the many beautiful water falls one encounters traveling through Carbon Valley.

A1mainstreet.jpg

A view of Main Street, Carbon Vista. This small town lies at the west end of the valley and is a small junction for all points West.

A1townhall.jpg

Here we see the rest of Main Street as well as the town hall. Even though it is a small town, its economy is bolstered by tourists heading up the valley.

A1residentswaterfront.jpg

Here's a view of the homes of those who didn't make it quite that far.

A1riverbridge.jpg

One more for the road...

Upcoming: Where's all this coal coming from?

A little about me and this up and coming journal: I've always been a fan of sim city but just got into SimCity 4 about a year ago. Quickly coming to boredom I started searching out mods. I want to say thanks to our wonderful modding community for making this game enjoyable. I've used an assortment of rock mods, buildings, automata, and the Olympus Terrain Mod with one of Simpeg's rock terrain mods. If there's anything in particular that stands out to you guys, feel free to let me know and I can show more in upcoming entries. Most of all this is a showcase of the fun I've had. I'll try to update about every two weeks or so as this is a work in progress.

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

For a second I actually wondered why you opted to zone the river front homes against the hillside as opposed to the river. Then it dawned on me that you must have been avoiding the flood plain. Wait!...there aren't any flood plains in simcity. Clearly, work is interfering with my ability to enjoy the game I love!

Share this comment

Hey thank eclipticalstorm, you're right, that is a bid odd though. Seems to me like those people would love to have that nice view out their back door rather than their front. Thanks for the input!

Share this comment

Stunning train shots, it's beautiful!!! The town looks very, very nice, as well. I am definitely subscribing to your CJ.

Share this comment