• Announcements

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to Mérida

Sign in to follow this  
alerules

merida_update.png

merida_1.png

Once in Mérida, a great way to start is by settling into a Mérida hotel and treating yourself to savory papadzules, washed down with a refreshing horchata. Next, you may want to relax in one of the numerous small plazas and take in the historic architecture in the heart of the city. Many of these Colonial-era buildings are said to have been built using sacred stones from indigenous temples that formerly stood here. In the city streets, while you will notice women wearing brightly colored, embroidered traditional huipil blouses, a further look will show many men, even executives in modern dress, wearing the Caribbean guayabera shirt.

In the daytime, Mérida’s white facades glow under the tropical sun, making its nickname, the “White City,” well-deserved. On Sunday morning, see even more of the city by renting a Mérida bicycle and riding on Paseo Montejo and Calle 60, closed to automobile traffic at that time. At night, a ribbon of neon illuminates the shows and festivals, running from the central square to the Paseo Montejo boulevard. Cultural events organized by the city of Mérida take place year-round.

The history of the Mayan people is laid out for you to read at archeological sites, which preserve the majestic buildings that honored the great gods Chaac, Itzel, Itzamná, and Hunab Kú. The Puuc site, described as the second-greatest Mayan city, is one of the region's most important archeological sites.

Mérida, Yucatán, is one of Yucatan’s most appealing cities to visit, with its fascinating architecture, history, food, and friendly smiling people, who preserve their Mayan language and traditions.

Sign in to follow this  

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Replies: Thanks a lot for all the nice comments, I really appreciate it! and about the rocks I found them here in the STEX, just don't remember the name :\.

Share this comment

[color=#ff00cc]Best use of that style of bat I've seen.[/color]

[color=#ff00cc]Can't wait to see what you do next.[/color]

Share this comment

The city is unique i love all town of latin america-caribean and architecture culture ... anyway I take ur city and santa le'on, as a guide to my city

Share this comment

where Mexican colonial buildings get? please help would be helpful if you pass me the link what happens here is that I have found very few buildings

Share this comment