Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cleaning Konradshohe

ZenoOfElea

Konradshohe's west bank remained awkward looking - too blocky and too abrupt a transition at the edge of the zones. The tight streets of the residential secion aren't going to get along with mass transit, either. The eastern side is as I intended - a broad grid suitable for skyscaper upgrades later. The eastern side is relatively strongly zoned by my standards, with mostly residential to the north and mostly commercial/industrial to the south.

konradshohesep215213347.png

I added a transition zone between the industrial and residential zone with the solar power plants I can now build and some commercial zones. I upgraded the roads running north and west from the residential area to double-road avenues. I also added a Museum of Solar Industry next to one of the power plants.

konradshohedec297313351.png

On the west side I put an avenue for traffic and added a neighborhood mostly to the river but with a more irregular edge.

konradshohejan307413351.png

On the south side I added some irregular low-density residential.

konradshohemay157413351.png

As I was lettting this develop my residential and commercial demand crashed. I figured this was a traffic problem and pushed the avenue to the industrial section partway through the old development, along with bus routes. However, this didn't help. Poking around I eventually found I'd developed a big garbage problem. I'd been shipped garbage to a nearby city, but had neglected to upgrade the amount and Konradhohe got swamped with 60,000 tons. So I put in a waste-to-power plant, a recycling center, and waited a couple years. When garbage got below 50,000 tons, things went back to normal.

Meanwhile I decided to extend the industrial block to the east. I started a rail in the midde of the industrial section but only on the edge of the map as my demands were already messed up and I didn't want to add to the chaos by demolishing several blocks of industry. I then switched to the next city over, named it Breiselang, and took a look. There was a pair of ponds near where I wanted to build so I decided to put in a resort town. I put a ring avenue around the ponds, some irregular development, connected the rail and road, and got a quaint little weekend retreat area.

brieselangmay3011334874.png

Unfortunately for the vacationers, Konradshohe' industry moved in along the railroad and disrupted the town's atmosphere, in both senses.

brieselangnov1903133487.png

I'm sure the mayor of Brieselang will have some interesting decisions to make.

Finally, here's what the overall region looks like. It's much more organic and I plan to work on spreading out and planning for a second center in the large town roughly where the center of the real Berlin is.

berlin1334876646.png

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.