Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Tweaking Tegel

Sign in to follow this  
ZenoOfElea

Tweaking Tegel

Next on the agenda was fixing the appearance for Tegel. In the game region, it's laid out with farm top to bottom on the right, even filling the corner and looking very gamey and fake. The suburb I put in in the lower corner had helped some there but the top still needed fixing bad. I also wanted to connect up my rails in Wilhelstadt and that meant running a railroad through or around both my suburb and the original Tegel town. Here's a picture of Tegel at the start.

tegeljul3391334747323.png

First I put a rail through my suburb. After a lot of thinking I took a route to minimize disruption to built areas by mostly using the remaining farms. My doubled streets interfered with the needed diagonal crossing, and in the end I had to take out one of my street crossings. This does make me think of what neighborhoods look like when rail goes through, so I'm pretty happy with this.

tegelmay8441334751530.png

For the original Tegel village the pond just to its south meant I had to go all the way through it or dodge it to the south. I went to the south over a narrow sandspit between the lake and the pond. I added a passenger station just on general principles. I also connected the railroad south to Wlhelmstadt, although I had to move the connection, which looked like to was going to an inland area from Wilhelmstadt but turn out the come out the the middle of a strange little awkward strip of land.

Next I put another suburb in the northeast corner. I crammed it all the way into the corner to improve the match with Konradshohe and Heligensee. I also added a rail link connected to the rail line in the south with a bus stop the connects to Konradshohe's bus network, so passengers on the train system have somewhere to go.

tegeldec15431334751311.png

Finally here' s a pic of the region. Tegel now looks pretty good and, while you can't see it, there's some logic to the train system now.

berlin1334752485.png

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

It looks cool! Though I reccomend you'd turn of the grid by pressing "G", that makes the pictures look better :golly:

Share this comment

Good suggestion, thanks! I have already taken pics for the next two post, though, so it will be a few days.

Share this comment