Ionica

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Exploring Ionica

Sign in to follow this  
MilitantRadical

Welcome back,

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I've been noticing how people post replies to comments at the top of their entries and I'll start doing that next time. I've got a few things to do in Avalon before I can show it off but in the meanwhile lets have a look at a few Zones from Ionica. HUGE PICTURES INCOMING!

Most of these Zones are on the outer edges of the city. I'll take better pictures of my region for more context next entry. These Zones still need a lot of work and most of them relatively new.

Draconis

Borg Entertainment Cube in one of the first few zones I built. I love this building cause it just looks so cool. A lot of my zones have one.

draconisjan.jpg

Thebes

One of my older zones. I used to use a lot of avenues and I would have neighborhoods surrounded by them, but I don't do that anymore.

thebes.jpg

Olympus

Not to be confused with Mount Olympus. Asclepius, one of the best hospitals in Ionica can be found here. This is the first Zone I build after completing Veritas (currently my densest zone). The streetcar line goes to North Veritas, but I have not yet constructed a Zone to the east of this one to continue it.

olymp2.jpg

Walter Pater

Named after Walter Horatio Pater. Essayist, critic of art and literature, and writer of fiction. The place to find beach-side resorts and some of the best shopping in Ionica (at the beautiful PEG Utopian Mall canal)

wp3mb.jpg

Sanctum

Come watch a game of soccer at the Delphi Stadium, home of The Oracles. They're not the best team in Ionica, but it is hard to compete with Zones like Veritas and Avalon that have a lot more money to put into their teams.

sanctum2.jpg

Foundation

The statue of the first President of Ionica, John Patrick Mason, standing proudly over the Acheron river. This is one of the few Zones so far I've built on uneven/elevated terrain. The picture below this one is looks from west to east. I made a huge 4417x5451 mozaic of the Zone which I'll show in an entry specifically about Foundation.

argonath.jpg

argonath2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

That's a good variety of densities and topography - I especially enjoy the hillside city. What type of rail terminal is that on the coast? Can you actually transfer people from one spot to another using it and the on-street tram?

Share this comment

wow, you are one of these pretty damn SimCity GODS, I wish I could do sth such amazing!! :) You also know how to use theese great mods to let them look like your own architectural style! Great Work! 10/10 :)

Share this comment