• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 8: Lakeview revisited

Durfsurn

roh.jpg

Replies

ggamgus: Yeah I have a tendency to forget to turn the grid off.

JGellock: Thanks for the tips.

Welcome back. After a few crashes to my browser i have finally managed to post the update. Notice the new banner at the top. This will be featured in updates from now on. This particular update is focused on the development of Lakeview. After feedback from you guys from the 6th update its back with more things to boast. Instead of keeping this town small i opted for the big town feel complete with small skyscrapers. Suburbs and farms have been staring to grow and a small, unrealistic airport has been built. Let's start off with the airport.

Lakeview-Apr30451129358651.jpg

Here is a zoomed out shot from the News at 7 chopper. Grass parking is the only available and the small terminal can only hold 3 planes at a time. I know its unrealistic having the tail's of the planes over the taxiway but pilots are just very careful! Other noticeable things are the widened road to having a turning lane and the ACT (Airport Control Tower) alone in the grass. Here is a picture of the 3 gates and the terminal.

Lakeview-Apr17451129358592.jpg

Now we head into town to the rapidly changing skyline. Also featured is the quiet, peaceful park and stadium.

Lakeview-May19451129358740-1.jpg

Bicyclists and pedestrians ride and walk in harmony along the paths with some bike only paths also. The two historic towers are exact replicas of the historic towers found after the wars of Xian in 1902. The originals to ruined governments agreed to take the towers down and rebuild them. Lakeview stadium is the baseball stadium to the top. As mentioned before the skyline is changing. Here is a perfect example. Once restricted by the outer tram line (look hard down right) sprawl has taken over and skyscrapers have been built. Another shot of some skyscrapers.

Lakeview-May27451129358781-1.jpg

This mix of residential and commercial towers blend in. How can developers resist? With the beautiful beach and lake beyond on one side and the City Park on the other prices can reach $5,000,000 and office space is almost at $500,000 a floor! Only the rich live here. Now going north-west of the airport an industrial park was zoned.

Lakeview-Jun14451129358963-1.jpg

High tech industry is most prominent this side of the freeway and all satellite and communications are done here.

Lakeview-Jun17451129358979-1.jpg

Also over on the other side is the labs of Hugle. They have invented many of mutated animals but most aren't released for fear of evolutionary changes being too fast. Also farms have reached the labs. Now to have some more farm shots.

Lakeview-May6451129358677-1.jpg

Lakeview-May8451129358691-1.jpg

Lakeview-May15451129358718-1.jpg

But not only farms have taken up space in Lakeview. The outer town is bordered by beautiful suburbs. Here are a couple of pictures of them.

Lakeview-May29451129358855-1.jpg

Lakeview-May28451129358826-1.jpg

Seem the same. Think again. These two pictures are taken from opposite sides of the lake. And to finish off this rather large update here is an overview. Don't forget to comment, rate and 1+ if you think so. I value your feedback greatly so comment if you want to help me more. Thanks.

Lakeview-Mar10451129358451-1.jpg

4 Comments

Recommended Comments