• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Compton, LA, 1985

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

bannercomentarios.jpg

Alejandro24x2: ¡Gracias por tu comentario y felicidades por el Trixie! I feel quite proud of my latest update, I put a lot of my feelings on it. My area's industrial sector has been hit really hard these last years, and you can be sure this update shows this fact.

Adoxx: Thanks for your comment! Gotta love elevated highways!

ggamus: As I said to The Wrench, my trip to the then-standing Shea Stadium in New York riding the 7 service was a great inspiration for this CJ.

k50dude: Thank you for commenting! It is indeed a Maxis bridge! Never underestimate what Maxis can do for you... :thumb: Congrats for your Trixie!

Benedictx2: Thank you for your comment! Incorrect, the year has began now the Trixies have been unveiled! Congrats on yours!

kakado_to_save: Thanks for your comment!

1111222233334444: Thank you for commenting and congratulations!

escilnava: Thanks for your comment and congrats for your Trixie!

MamaLuigi945: Thank you for commenting and congratulations for your Trixie!

Simbourgeois: Thanks for commenting, Sir!

Gugu3: Thank you!

Evillions: Thank you for commenting, hope the following update likes (and depresses) you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, RL is going hard on me. No SC4, no Beer make TekindusT go crazy. My T&R time is tending to zero these days, because I'm mostly rebuilding Barnanova when I've got the time to do that. Guess I'll show it when I have something good enough.

Also...

trixie2011.png

Guys... you're awesome! So many thanks! Now, with the update!

bannerbueno.jpg

One day, at the comments section, Evillions asked if I had considered recreating a T&Rusty part of LA. I told him I would give it a try someday although not being much into it. Here's the result:

82305751.jpg

It's 1985. Marty McFly's adventures on time are a perfect excuse to go to the movies, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar rules on Inglewood's Forum, communists are the enemies and Compton is the place to be for emerging rappers, criminals, and gangs. A dangerous place.

compton_sign_011811-thumb-640xauto-1992.jpg

61049234.jpg

Heroin is sold like candy in front of the middle school, and cops do nothing on this; as they would lose their own dealer.

26.jpg

88816673.jpg

At dusk, right below United Airlines' landing planes, gang violence breaks out and there will be action at the local hospital. Again. Only a few miles separate Compton and Rodeo Drive, but sometimes, distances aren't just measured in miles.

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

"Distances aren't just measured in miles"... perfect words to describe southern California.

I wish you would get into making LA hoods, because I think you've got a lot of potential in a rarely-touched area of CJing if you do :)

Share this comment

Impressingly good work, even though most of what you show was Maxis houses.

And Congrats on the Trixie.

Share this comment

This is crazy. I remember you starting this journal in 2010 and followed it for a bit. I also remember the journal where we followed a taxi around the city.
Of course life got in the way a little and stopped looking on the site. I'm surprised it's still going to be honest! It looks great!
Keep up the good work man.

Share this comment

Oh my... I wonder why I didn't saw this before?! :O

Although there really isn't much to Compton, you done a pretty good job with this. I like how you used the duplexes and power-lines.

Again, great job with this. :)

Share this comment