• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Tarkusian Cities

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chemeketa: Chemeketa Pkwy (Hwy 215) Phase 3B

Sign in to follow this  
Tarkus

Hi everyone-

First off, thanks for your patience between updates . . . RL's been beating up on me pretty good, but I seem to have emerged victorious from it, fortunately. :thumbsup: I'd also like to thank everyone who nominated Tarkusian Cities during the Trixies over at ST . . . it ended up winning Best Roadgeek CJ for 2011, which was a very pleasant surprise.

Without further ado, the update:

215chemeketapkwyphase3p.png

Project Map:

http://gmapuploader.com/view/rNw5WI20v0

Phase 3B of the Chemeketa Parkway project will continue the construction of the Chemeketa Parkway (Highway 215), access-controlled freeway, from Bushnell Road NE to Ashcroft Street NE. As part of the project, some nearby transportation facilties will also be upgraded, including widening of Ashcroft St between 82nd Avenue NE (the former southern segment of Bushnell Road NE) and the interchange at Chemeketa Parkway.

This is where Ashcroft Street will meet Highway 215 (facing west).

SXYix.jpg

A temporary alignment of Ashcroft has been built, to facilitate construction of the new overpass (facing west).

MvuyD.jpg

Construction getting further underway (facing west).

Put1U.jpg

bI6CF.jpg

xfJ2S.jpg

Gvr1P.jpg

65mq7.jpg

The freeway itself is starting to go in now (facing west).

mNmE9.jpg

The new 4-lane Ashcroft St overpass has opened (facing west).

T2E88.jpg

This farm access road is in the way of the new freeway alignment. It will be disconnected, with the southern segment being connected into the 82nd/Ashcroft intersection (facing east).

Os5jy.jpg

Construction on the new southern connection (facing east).

CHrre.jpg

You can see Ashcroft Street (and 82nd Ave NE) here. This segment of Ashcroft is still getting widened (facing east).

Cl0Je.jpg

The completed new roadway, with a fresh layer of asphalt (facing east).

hNqrd.jpg

sKQ8i.jpg

The road now split by Highway 215 (facing east), which, as you can see, has a deceleration lane.

3kLrK.jpg

And a look at partially folded diamond interchange at Highway 215/Ashcroft Street (facing east).

IhKlU.jpg

Well, that does it for this edition of Tarkusian Cities. I'll be back next time to finish off Phase 4 of the Chemeketa Parkway, where it'll finally be connected into Highway 15. After that, we'll look at a few other little construction projects around Chemeketa, and then we might move onto a new region--a complete reboot of Argentum. ;)

-Alex

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Posted this over on SC4D, but may as well repost it here... ;)

Congrats on your Trixie win, Tarkus - you totally deserved it.

This is another great construction update! Your process is definitely very interesting, I like seeing the area transform with the roadway improvements - especially freeway related. The many different types of interchanges you use make it more fascinating, as opposed to always using one specific kind.

Look forward to the completion of the project. :)

Share this comment

Ding ding! And Tarkus brings down RL in a thriller boxing match! In other news Tarkus has completed a mega awesome update! Nice work on the update and beating RL though he may not be done yet! Congrats on the Trixie. May have helped...

Share this comment

Great update as usual...Nothing like fresh ashpalt on a newly built freeway.

Congrats on the Trixie, you were a shoe-in. I'll have to step up my game this year if I want a chance :P

Share this comment

[b]sim_link[/b]: Thanks for the kind words and the congratulations! I'm really glad you enjoy the process bit of things, and hopefully the wacky new interchange this next update will prove interesting for you. ;)

[b]durfsurn[/b]: Thanks--I'm glad to hear it was a knockout, and thanks for the congrats!

[b]Aaron Graham[/b]: Thanks for the kind words--glad to see you here. :)

[b]kj3400[/b]: Thanks for the compliments on the update--we'll actually see some concrete this next update. ;) And thanks for the congrats on the Trixie as well--I thought I had a chance, but I didn't anticipate being a shoe-in per se, so it was a very pleasant surprise.

Share this comment