Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Pine Hill Park

blunder

zROF%20HEAD.jpg?psid=1

23. Pine Hill Park

Welcome back everyone! This time we jump back up to the Crater Lake area. From our last tile here-Scott Bluff-we head east to the tile of Pine Hill. Pine Hill is a largely agricultural tile which I'm using to shamelessly build commercial demand for the next tile north of it; sunrise point. This one is still under construction but today I just wanted to show off the 'park'- which is really just my MMP playground since I'm still gushing over Lowkee's terrain.

I promised you all flora on top of the new terrain, so that's what we'll see today with a little nature hike.

01. Off the Crater Lake Highway is the parking lot for the park. It has a loop trail around Pine Hill. Yes, there's actually a couple tiles of buildings in this flora update. ;)

01%20park%20parking.jpg?psid=1

02. Starting off on our trail. This high area of the eastern cascades has a drier climate than what we've seen so far to the south and west of here. The forests tend more towards pine with little undergrowth, and large areas are covered by grasses and lichens instead of the temperate jungle found at lower elevations.

02%20start.jpg?psid=1

03. The trees are sparser in the drier climate too.

03%20drier.jpg?psid=1

04. And more rocks poke out of the groundcover.

04%20lichen.jpg?psid=1

05. The trail drops down into grassy areas. Once this part of the hill was logged but not replanted so it turned to wild pasture.

05%20meadow%20dropoff.jpg?psid=1

06. Smaller trees and shrubs have established themselves where there is runoff.

06%20more%20meadow.jpg?psid=1

07. Some of the rockier terrain textures poking through.

07%20mossyrocky.jpg?psid=1

08. On the rockier and more barren NE slope of the hill.

08%20rocky%20dropoff.jpg?psid=1

09. More rocks, this time all the way down to zoom 6.

09%20rocky.jpg?psid=1

10. More of the awesomely detailed ground texture. How much of that grassy space do you suppose is MMPs?

10%20patchy%20textures.jpg?psid=1

11. Not much.

11%20more%20barren.jpg?psid=1

12. Just some of nbvc's rocks, a touch of Heblems sand and Yucatan flora MMP, with a light sprinkling of giraffe's bushes and VIP pampas grass.

12%20barren%20close.jpg?psid=1

13. Small Firs on the edge of the wooded areas.

13%20sparse.jpg?psid=1

14. Hey look! wildflowers

14%20wildflowers.jpg?psid=1

15. More wildflowers

15%20more%20wildflowers.jpg?psid=1

16. Looping back around towards the parking lot.

16%20close.jpg?psid=1

17. The trail comes alongside the road again. A couple of small rocky hills in the foreground.

17%20rocky%20hills.jpg?psid=1

18. On the road north.

18%20roadside.jpg?psid=1

19. The rocky embankment along a curve in the road.

19%20road%20embankment.jpg?psid=1

20. flora along the road out.

20%20road%20out.jpg?psid=1

21. Overview of the Park. (ahem. ignore the blue stripe in the top left, the shoreline is completed now but not when i took these)

00%20overview.jpg?psid=1

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I hope you enjoyed the trip. Remember you can always leave your thoughts below in the comments, and if you want feel free to rate and +1. Next time we'll see the small communities of Pine Hill.

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

Hmm....seems those banners are still the same. Note to self: update those. Anyways, onward!

@ten trillion: Thanks! He sure did, and I hope the results meet your expectations.

@harrythecat: That's kind of the idea since I was showcasing a terrain mod. ;)

@emperordaniel: Me too. I'm having a hard time getting over how good the terrain textures look. I just want to flora, not zone!

@avrelivs, waterclaw: always be sure to check the readme. It shouldn't be that hard to find out what file is conflicting.

@Shulmanator, gugu3: Thank you, kind sirs! But lowkee really deserves the credit for the awesome textures and mod.

@Kruness: sadly i don't even think it's possible to make a seasonal terrain mod.

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

I had never doubted that your work would look good with this terrain mod, but this is far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Great Job!! I really like the road passing through the area :thumb:

Share this comment

The detail is breathtaking. I'm definitely going to learn a lot about making nature scenes in SC4 from your CJ! :thumb:

Share this comment

This is so good that words can hardly be found to describe the quality of it. Photographically good is on the good way to describe it!

Share this comment

Looks fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to make the trail? I've been looking for a convincing 4-wheeler trail for my backwoods/mountain areas and this would look perfect. Thanks!

Share this comment

I actually think that you bring MMP's to the maximum here, and the outcome is so overwhelming! It almost dosen't look SC4 with these...
I follow your CJ this month and certinaly will follow a lot more.
Do you make a living from your skills? Maybe landscape design can be your niche... 10/10! :thumb:

edit: csxt602: I think it's "HBS Tropical Flora Pack" - blunder uses it a lot (only the sands) and it might be it.

Share this comment

[quote name='grstudios' timestamp='1330016622']
I actually think that you bring MMP's to the maximum here, and the outcome is so overwhelming! It almost dosen't look SC4 with these...

I follow your CJ this month and certinaly will follow a lot more.

Do you make a living from your skills? Maybe landscape design can be your niche... 10/10! :thumb:

edit: csxt602: I think it's "HBS Tropical Flora Pack" - blunder uses it a lot (only the sands) and it might be it.
[/quote]

Thanks! After roaming around the STEX the other night, I kind of narrowed it down to that pack by Heblem, but I guess this confirms it.

Share this comment