Dubai

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Palm Jebel Ali

AIX

I have decided to start working on the Palm Jebel Ali.

pja3.jpg

It is encircled by the Waterfront. At this time, only the trunk has been developed. The majority of the islands will contain low density residential in medium and high wealth with some hotels/commercial. I have also taken note of a previous mention of there being too many American buildings, so I have combed both the STEX and LEX (as far back as 2004). Unfortunately, there is still a severe lack of Middle Eastern buildings but I was able to turn up a few. I will continue to look and would greatly appreciate any pointers in finding new appropriately-styled buildings! With that out of the way, here is an overview from the Region Census. Here is a closer-in image of part of the trunk. Mostly high wealth villas with a library and a couple small offices.

pja2.jpg

Here is the trunk with some of the palm fronds. The image is a little jerky because the Palm covers 4 large city tiles so I "stitched" the lower two so we can see the entire developed portion in a single frame.

pja1.jpg

I would welcome input from anyone who has ideas on how the fronds should be laid out. All the decent Middle Eastern-style residential lots I could find are either 5x5 or 4x5, which isn't easy to use on narrow diagonal fronds. If I can learn how to re-lot and make them functional and growable I may do that, but I doubt I will have the time. It would be nice to have each of the units shown in the closer shots as 1x2 lots.

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Looks pretty good! As far as relotting them, it isn't too hard. Check out the omnibus for basic help and feel free to PM me if you have any problems.

Another alternative would be to find different Bats that are 1x2, 2x2. If you look at pictures of the villas on the Palm Jumeirah, they don't look very middle eastern anyway.[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/2.gif[/img]

Good luck![img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/44.gif[/img]

Share this comment

I may take a look at that. Is it difficult to make them fully functional so they will grow and have residents? I do have a strict rule that all lots are functional.

Edit: Ah snap I just remembered the Omnibus isn't back up yet. Is there an alternate source for tutorials on lotting?

Share this comment