Dubai

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Emirates Hills

AIX

Emirates Hills is mostly a residential and commercial hub with just a small dash of industrial. It has an approx population of 1.6 million Sims.

emhills1.jpg

Here we have a small portion of the Sheikh Zayed Road corridor. The most notable landmark is of course the Burj Khalifa. Below is the same area at night.

emhills2.jpg

Below is the Dubai Media City. This is a small subdivision within Emirates Hills. All the major television networks have their international or regional headquarters in this area due to it being declared an "Economic Free Zone" for media companies. This means significant tax breaks and increased operating freedom for the companies. To the right is the ring road Emirates Freeway.

em3m.jpg

Below is another section of coastline along Sheikh Zayed Road. The coastal area has many luxury villas with large open spaces. Because it's a narrow strip and its proximity to the business centres, a lot of executives call this area home.

em4i.jpg

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

I lovee that palms in avenue. ( road )My friend have photos in this real road, its so similar !!I wanna see the Marina Bay Area now...

Share this comment

Since when Dubai had American buildings? o.O:rofl:

I like where you're going with this, but just use more Arabic buildings or lot them if you can.

Share this comment

@Evillions: I have made an effort in that regard, but there are just so few available on the STEX aside from the various super-talls. As far as R and C in the $ or $$ range, I can literally count all the ones I've been able to find on one hand. I also flat-out do not have the skills to use the BAT to make my own. I do continue to comb the STEX and the LEX and will add more as they are made available.

Share this comment

@AIX: Please,can you upload the region or send me a link with your region?but upload the folder in "simcity4/region" because i don't know how make the config.bmp and how to assign different dimensions to the cities.

Share this comment

@Fabriziodg1991: The map I have used is available on the STEX [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/20575-dubai-version-2008/"]here[/url]. It comes with a config.bmp by default (all large cities). You can also import it into a tool called SC4Mapper. Here are some useful links:

[url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/42082-how-to-install-a-map-from-the-stex/page__p__1135725__hl__sc4mapper__fromsearch__1#entry1135725"]How to install regions from the STEX[/url]
[url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/41490-custom-configcity-size/page__view__findpost__p__1038767"]This post briefly talks about creating config.bmp[/url]

There is a better article on config.bmp in the Omnibus, but sadly it's down at the moment.

Share this comment