Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AspieGamer13

Help. See details.

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I'm having trouble finding the file which contains a modd I no longer want.  So as not to annoy anyone with trying to guess which modd it is, I'll show you:

image should be between here
    IDONTWANTTHISNOMORE.png
    and here
    for some reason I can't see it, thus here's the direct link to the image if I'm not the only one: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/johndg240/IDONTWANTTHISNOMORE.png

I don't want the yellow lines through the middle anymore.  I want the old, default style back.  I don't like how when you don't send a road into, but not through the avenue, part of the middle line dissappears (it's unnatural looking).  I also don't like how it has the middle line no matter where you're placing it (ex: I want a two-lane highway, with a grassy median, but this doesn't give you that option)

I'm 90% sure I got this from here, as this is just about the only place I go to get modds.  In any case, wherever I got it, I need help getting rid of it, and this is the only SC4 forums I go to.

Once I get this fixed (and the CJ section is seperated from the forums, and made into it's own section) I plan on making my first CJ.

I believe that is the "Left hand turn lane mod" or something like that. The developers have a thread around here somewhere. I could be wrong, but I believe that is what it is. Hope this helps!

• Original Poster
  • sorry... that's not it either.  i didn't get any sort of left-turn lanes until i installed the latest NAM last night from the NAM website (thanks to a link i found buried somewhere in these forums)

the modd was something to do with replacing the middle of the ave with road w/ yellow lines (for realism), getting rid of the... plants? (can't remember what it's called... what the default is in the middle of the ave)

it's just not quiet real enough for my tastes, which is why i'm trying to get rid of it.

In the end, you might have no choice but to take your mods out one by one and restart the game each time. I had to do something similar awhile back. It's tedious, but it will work, eventually. Though it wasn't fun going through a gig of downloads.

ISF

Hi! That is the Suicide Lane Mod, it replaces the cantre of an avenue with that texture. Its not on the STEX, but you must have downloaded it from This Suicide Lane Thread.

And so if you don't know the file name, then i would suggest looking through that thread until you find the attached download of the suicide mod. Download it, find out the name of the file, then search your plugin folder for that file, delete it, and voila! You have it gone.

I hope you actually understood what I just said! 18.gif Good luck with deleting the lanes, and starting a CJ! Choco.

• Original Poster
  • THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I didn't do exactly as you said, but the link you gave to the topic dealing with this mentioned a short few letters that I recognized as one of the files in my plugins folder, i removed it, and those lines are no longer there.

the file name was "TWLTL Textures"

looks like I won't have to take every modd out one by one 4.gif

Thats lucky! You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

I have been in your position several times before, and I know how annoying it can be! So its good to hear. Cheers, choco.