Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Concrete

Airport crime rate

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hi! I have a problem. Everytime I place an airport, the crime rate of the airport reaches "red" or "orange". I have tried placing police stations all around the airport, but it does not help. What should I do ?

Originally posted by: Concrete Hi! I have a problem. Everytime I place an airport, the crime rate of the airport reaches "red" or "orange". I have tried placing police stations all around the airport, but it does not help. What should I do ?quote>
    Even worse, I get the "den of crime has been discovered", so I go and bulldoze the random plot of land or street where this "den" has been found. I can never get rid of it, and the stupid helicopter stays up there.

well that the default airportfor ya...brings in crime, nothing you can really do about it

theres quite a few airports on the STEX, and several airport packs which you can build a custom sirport with

if you have SC4tool program ...or once it back up  on the board, grab it...think it's "under construction" ATM
    it lets you edit original building ( though i don't recomend that) or better ,one of your own design or from the STEX ...4.gif

Airports, universities, country clubs and other rewards have crime rates that are unaffected by police stations. IMHO, it was a pretty stupid decision by Maxis/EA (maybe all the university students are drug addicts?) and it makes no sense to me. In all of my cities any "den of crime" messages always point to those rewards so I just ignore them. You can't do anything about it, short of maybe using modded airports.

Originally posted by: Omegamrk

Even worse, I get the "den of crime has been discovered", so I go and bulldoze the random plot of land or street where this "den" has been found. I can never get rid of it, and the stupid helicopter stays up there.quote>

This may be a stupid question, but what is the 'den of crime'? I've never seen that message ever.

The "den of crime" message is the one that begins with "An undercover cop...den of crime" (or something like that). It is one of those red advisor messages which should be of critical importance (e.g. budget outlook grim, no water, no way, etc.). However it's an absolutely useless "critical" message because nearly all the time it only points to your rewards like universities, country clubs, airports, etc. If you have sufficient police coverage, just ignore this message.

• Original Poster
  • Thank for the replies. Do you think it would be possible to create a mod tht reduces the crime in those areas ?

How weird. I put a large beach down, and there's always a helicopter flying above it. The country club has high crime? That's funny.

Originally posted by: haux

How weird. I put a large beach down, and there's always a helicopter flying above it.

The country club has high crime? That's funny.quote>

Probably too many Lexus and BMW's in the parking lot getting broken into.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about that, just place a police station next to it, make sure you have a jail in your city and forget about it.