Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fishstix001

How do I replace some ingame buildings with downloaded ones?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Is there a way where I can go in and replace a handfull of in game buildings with ones I got from the stex? I want to make my residential areas more uniform with a certain style and not like some mixed bag.

is there a way to do this?

A couple of things that I have done in this area are:

I'm not a big fan of the New York building set so I don't turn this building set on when I enter SimCity, and so I use this as my garbage holding ground.  What this means is for those in game buildings that I don't what, I modd the building to be part of the New York set only.  That way I can control which buildings I don't want to appear in game.  

You do require some modding experience and invest in some time going through what you want and don't want, but is very effective once completed.

Cheers 

• Original Poster
  • yea...There is two main sets I want in the game only I just want gascooker's and vanderaap's buildings to pop up for most of the buildings

if they were plopable that would be neat

You could use the use the Lot Editor and various other tools to turn those Lot's into ploppables, but that's a lot of work and won't work with residental buildings.

An other option is to use dhamp's  "no maxis buildings mod" which can be downloade here: http://www.simcitycentral.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13711 ( you need to be registered to see the download button ). 

With this MOD the maxis original buildings won't grow anymore and only your downloaded growables will show up and this mod has NO effect on buildings which have already grown!

I'm a $%&^! oldie that has been around quite awhile and have seen more and more being able to be done with SC4. There is something fairly new that may eventually solve this problem. Pegasus has a mod for his MTP package that effectively locks out and overrides the original game RCI lots. More than than I do not know but it is a pretty exciting development. I don't know if others are doing anything like this but you can guaranty that it will solidly take hold if it doesn't cause other problems. This plus the various "Remove from menus" mods and what is being done by Cycledogg, jeronij, Anderas (and many others) keep this game very much alive even without any hope of help on the horizon from EA/Maxis. I can't remember who said 'WHO NEEDS SIMCITY5" (maybe it was Blackbeard) but it is true.

Sorry if I spelled any of the names wrong.

Originally posted by: fishstix001 Is there a way where I can go in and replace a handfull of in game buildings with ones I got from the stex? I want to make my residential areas more uniform with a certain style and not like some mixed bag.

is there a way to do this?quote>

There is a download Mod over at SimCity Central by dhamp that says it can remove various types of Maxis bldgs from the game so they will not grow.  I have downloaded it but have yet to try it out.  You might want to take a look see.