Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MayorTim

Microsoft is taking over the world!!!

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I find this quite funny - not my sig picture, that was hand crafted by me because I think the new forum skin looks more like Windows XP than just a coincidence....

What I really found funny is the link in my signature, titled "Get Well Soon Dirk".

This was supposed to be a link to a Simtropolis forum topic about Dirk falling ill... but instead it goes to the Microsoft home page?!!??!

The links code is as follows:

Get well soon Dirk!!!

So what I am wondering is how a link to SIMTROPOLIS (http//www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&threadid=74705&startpage=1 ) Could possibly lead to the Microsoft home page???

*Takes pictures and starts yelling conspiracy, then something about the president being abducted by aliens and how the world is going to end next Saturday* 2.gif

NOOO!!! Not next Saturday! That's my birthday!!! Bad microsoft...

Nah, not really. Without Microsoft and Bill, I wouldn't be chating with you right now.

• Original Poster
  • Hmm... your right! That brings about a new question though... how did the ":" become absent? I copied and pasted the link, so why would it miss a character in the middle of the link but keep all the characters around it?

• Original Poster
  • Yah, I keep deleting that, but for some odd reason it keeps returning to the link when I update my profile.... I really wish HTML was enabled lol. this BBCode is a [bB]-itch lol

Originally posted by: MsD

Run for the hills its Bill Gates and Microsoft, AHHHHHHHHH!quote>

They're coming to take us away!18.gif

I think that there was probably just some sort of error in the link.

Anyways, thanks for the link. I fixed the error myself when I read that Dusktrooper found that a ':' was missing...

The link doesn't go to the microsoft homepage, it goes to the middle of nowhere and comes up with an error message. (at least it does for me)

Try copying this into your sig, but replace the X at the beginning with an L.

Get well soon Dirk!!!

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: safemining1

That's just starnge. I guees you ingaded the inporbitly drive!quote>

... Huh?

Originally posted by: safemining1

That's just starnge. I guees you ingaded the inporbitly drive!quote>

don't you mean the Improbobility Drive from the Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy?