Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zelgadis

Making the ugliest city ever

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hi,

I need to make the ugliest, most run-down city ever. And I want to do this using not too much dirty industry. And I need to do it without getting myself fired.

So, here I am fishing for ideas. Any suggestions? 9.gif

ISF

Originally posted by: zelgadis

Hi,

I need to make the ugliest, most run-down city ever. And I want to do this using not too much dirty industry. And I need to do it without getting myself fired.

So, here I am fishing for ideas. Any suggestions?

ISFquote>

No park or plazas, no cops, no firefighters, no water. You should get riots.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Celebane

Attract high wealth sims then deprive them. When they move out low and med wealth will move in and the lot will look really run down.quote>

Hmmm... I rather like this one. 9.gif

Any more?

ISF

Use the money cheat mod. put taxes up to maximum on medium and high wealth residential, medium nd high tech industry and mdeium and high wealth commercial. lower the taxes on dirty industry and low wealth residential and commercial. If your finding too much polution is stopping people from building, use one of teh polution reducer items in the stex. No other way around it i can see but use some cheats. The money mod stops you from getting fired as you'll be guarenteed to go over budget.

build a coal plant in your new residential estates. Zone for heavy density all the time build inustry everywhere make all. Don't bother with mass transit not even busses. Import garbage from everyone. Export electricity from coal powerplants. Build airports everywhere buld lots of farms enact the gambling ordiance build the cassino build the jail , missile base armybase and the toxic waste dump. Put the taxes to 4 percent then jack them up to 20 never build service buildings tax maufacturing to 1 or even 0 percent cover the remaining land with farms. Build Dr vis base and terrorise everyone lstly no water and you should have a simversion of baghdad by the time your finished

Originally posted by: moganite

build a coal plant in your new residential estates. Zone for heavy density all the time build inustry everywhere make all. Don't bother with mass transit not even busses. Import garbage from everyone. Export electricity from coal powerplants. Build airports everywhere buld lots of farms enact the gambling ordiance build the cassino build the jail , missile base armybase and the toxic waste dump.
    Put the taxes to 4 percent then jack them up to 20 never build service buildings tax maufacturing to 1 or even 0 percent cover the remaining land with farms.
    Build Dr vis base and terrorise everyone lstly no water and you should have a simversion of baghdad by the time your finishedquote>

I think you covered it all.  A long with a money cheat so you don't get fired and you have a receipe for disaster for sure. 10.gif

• Original Poster
  • Yeah, don't ask, but adding a lot of dirty industry would mess up what I'm trying to accomplish.

Again, don't ask, but my CJ will tell the story in due time. 3.gif

ISF

i agree with Celebane, the best way to accomplish what you want is use chicago and new york tilesets and get all the high wealth commercial and residential, then take away all their parks, plazas, civics, etc.  Maybe even zone a few high density areas so you can get those ugly, but realistic big box ghetto projects.

i like the idea and cant wait to see this cj

Something else you could try is making the residential too far away from the jobs. Then it will be abandoned because of commute time. Make the I and the R close at first, then rezone the I farther away.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: N_O_Body

Oh, and look at some of the canned cities in the Berlin region. At least one of them is a real slum.quote>

Interesting thought. I'll have to take a peek at those. It will have to be appropriate for the old, run down castle I intend to put in the center of this.

Incidentally, I did a search on the STEX for "ugly castle" and came up empty. 3.gif So I'll have to make do with a nice one.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I found some ideas here I hadn't considered. 9.gif

ISF

Make a mod so you wont have to put up with that "sucking noise" maxis thought was so hilarous when your building your dump