Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elton_Bush

The best game endings on any console

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • i would like to see which game has the best ending to it on any console (including PC)
    Good game endings may include

an impressive closing film sequence
    strong plot twist in the story
    an emotional ending (sad or happy)
    a cliff-hanger that may lead to a sequel
    or if you are happy to of just finished the thing

My personal favorite is the the ending to MGS3 it was a very sad ending and it also had one very sudden plot twist it also filled a few gaps from the other games too

For emotion its gotta be Final fantasy X where Tidus has to leave Yuna after destroying all the aeons, lovely cinematic sequence, a real tear jerkeras she "send" all the aeons to the farplane then Tidus has to go himself she runs towards him and falls through him (he becomes a ghost) as she expresses her love before he dives off the airship into the farplane to join his father 8.gif . The music score was spectacular as well as the detailed cinematics. Also Final fantasy 8 where at the end squal finally makes out with rinoa after defeating the sorceres and Laguna is runited with his daughter at his wifes grave. Squaresoft (now square enix) certainly knew how to end a game!!! The saddest sequence in FFVII that brought a tear to my eye the first time I played it was after the first disk when Cloud carried Aeries into the water after Sephimorph killed her and allowed the planet to consume her into the lifestream.

I have to agree with the FF endings. They are very cool. I have played so many games over the last 20 years that it is too hard to remember a best one... I do remember this though... 4.gif How about a new game ending category: Biggest Expectation to Biggest Let Down for an ending. Give the all time lamest ending after expecting something awesome award to Half-Life 2. What a dissapointment... 15.gif The game is still one of the best ever though.

I haven't finished that many games, but the ending in Zelda: Wind Waker is definitely the most beautiful one that I've ever seen.
    The moment that young link finally beated the final boss, was so cool! Link grabbed his sword, jumped skyhigh and with enormous force he flew right into the boss with the tip of his sword. Immideately, the boss turned into stone and the game was over.
    That small scene really impressed me most.

Originally posted by: DaMaster_architect

I haven't finished that many games, but the ending in Zelda: Wind Waker is definitely the most beautiful one that I've ever seen. The moment that young link finally beated the final boss, was so cool! Link grabbed his sword, jumped skyhigh and with enormous force he flew right into the boss with the tip of his sword. Immideately, the boss turned into stone and the game was over. That small scene really impressed me most.quote>

Yeah, that was an awesome ending.

For the best cliffhanger, I'd say Ghost Recon 2(PS2) , when these Korean generals are talking about how they are disapointed Paik(He commits suicide, right when he was about to launch a nuke somewhere) failed to reunite North and South Korea, and they say"Our time will come.." and there is a army lining up outside the building. The ending also makes a good path for another game(Or was it already made with the XBox edition?)

A game with a good ending would be....Sly 3. At the end of the game, Sly was able to trick Carmelita into thinking Sly lost his memory when the he is shot into a wall, so they finally express their true love with each other. (Of course Bentley figures this out when spying on Sly) That made me feel a little sad because I had the feeling there wouldn't be a Sly 4, because Sly didn't want to start running away again from Carmelita and I guess you can figure out the rest.

BTW, I know you DaMaster_Architect. Check sig.

Without a doubt, the final level of Halo 1 was the best ending of any video game to me. Perhaps its not an ending movie, which is what this thread seems to be about, but damn that is a cool level.

the ending to Megaman Battle Network 3 seems to be a fan favorite. And, well, it is a pretty good ending. Battle Network 2 is up there with it.

There are a couple of older games (Megaman 2, Megaman X3) which have some pretty beautiful music during the ending sequence. Though, one peice of the text in X3's ending contains a glaring plot hole.

However, the ending that really stands out to me is that of Megaman X8- quite possibly the best game ever made (providing you don't give games points for being classics, and merely rate the game itself).

I'm going to go old school on you guys. But Super Metroid was one of my favorite Game ending sequences; The whole baby metroid giant with the 'you're fighting Mother brain like in the first one' then followed by 'OMG she's super powered' then followed by 'OMG giant killer metroid' then followed by the 'hyper beam'. Needless to say, having to escape Zebes while it was blowing up was always cool.

It might not have had the fancy graphics we are all used to nowadays, but it had good gameplay and suspense. Go Nintendo! =D

the best game ending... hmm... i think it will be the ending in SC4 ... now wait... SC does not have any ending.... and thats great!

+ I liked the ending in GTA3