Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobo13

Is there a way...

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello Bobo13. I wish there was! All it would really take is a transit enabled beginning tunnel, linked to end tunnel that picks up the traffic. Same as a bridge.

I swear though, I saw this topic covered here before and someone had found a way to do it.

Not sure though.

Anyways, welcome to ST Bobo13! Hope you find plenty o fun here.

There is sure a way to build underwater tunnels. The trick is to build the tunnel first and the water afterwards. Like:

1. Get yourself a flat terrain with a hill just tall enough to create a tunnel.
2. Build the tunnel.
3. Lower the hill. Lower more. Just do not demolish the tunnel openings in the process (needs some trial and error...).
4. Soon or later you have lowered the terrain enough to get under sea level.
5. Now you have two tunnel openings and a lake inbetween them.
6. Connect the roads (or rails or whatever you built). let the simulation run for a few months. You will see that the sims will use the tunnel.

Good luck digging!!

Everytime I build a underwater tunnel, then try to drive in it, I get through it to just about underwater then I come out on top of the tunnel in sand.It's like it still goes straight but I get a bug that makes me not able to go into the water.I come out right berfore going underwater. Anyone having this problem or have a solution?

Under water tunnels are somewhat transparent, I have had headlights showing in night view. With the steam train boxes float across the water. Sometimes if the entrance is too close to the drop off, the UDI's just drive though it. On the other hand it saves having a bridge, if that is the object.

Odd Swede: I did the exact same thing in SimCity 2000. I was inspired by some movie with Stallone about an accident involving hazardous materials in a New York-New Jersey tunnel. Haven't tried it in SC4 though...