6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello all together.

I created a station track for the train network that is working perfectly as a local version. The uploaded version on the other hand does not work.

I am not able to create any train line with the finished train station. You can not connect the station to another one. Any suggestion or ideas what I might 

have done wrong ? I already looked in to other station tracks from the workshop and their properties/options (within the road editor) are the same as in mine. 

Thanks in advance

Clus

• Original Poster
  • Some correction:

Only the elevated version isn`t working. The ground version works just fine. There is a "cheap" solution for that problem.... I could raise the ground version and

just delete the elevated one. The problem with that is, that it will be "tricky" to connect the tracks to the station. If you know how to do it, then it is no deal... In the

end it would be a bit inconvenient to create you network. The second problem would be the less versatility of the asset, when the differnt looking ground version wasn´t there ...

• Original Poster
  • It does not work at any length... I ve tested it from 12 to 21 tiles. And the mod was always active. The strange thing is that it worked as a local asset perfectly. I think I am going to do it only with the basic/ground - version and set the minimum hight to 9m above ground level. People have to figure it out how connect it to the elevated version.... It is possible, but sometimes a bit annoying and I am already seeing lots of comments about that on the assets page ... :D ;)

Well, they actually work. My problem was with ASS. It's sometime tricky to place stops since you have to move cursor to the proper place while pressing "shift".

But whether it will still work after uploading I don't know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Eselbeus
        Hey! I have 3+ passenger and freight train stations. The passenger train stations are in use and people use them to commute. Just have regular SC4 installed with Rush Hour, no mods. I have yet to see an actual train or have any train u-drive it missions show up. Anyone know what's going on there? I've never had a car ferry mission either. I've played multiple cities. Still nothing.
      • By T Wrecks
        Caribou Elevated Rail Station
        BAT and original lots & modding by caribou
        Re-modding, new lot design, readme & custom menu icon by T Wrecks
        Take a look at my little lot thread at Simtropolis
        Introduction / Overview
        This download contains a new lot for an elevated rail station BATed by Japanese BATter caribou. It has a capacity of 3,000 and is a combined EL-rail and bus station. I merely modified and re-lotted the station to introduce some tweaks and additional features:
        The original lot had a road overlay texture placed under the open underpass, but it was without function. I wanted to make it functional, but transit-enabling one tile for two traffic types (EL-rail above, road below) is a pain and would have caused problems with automata. So I opted for making the building overhang the lot by 1 tile, just like morifari did with his modern EL-rail stations. Now you can place it partly over a street/road/one-way road - see screenshots. The Plugin Manager suggests horrible values; most civic buildings are set to 95 low-wealth and 5 medium-wealth civic jobs by default! This was the case with caribou's station, too. However, a Maxis EL-rail station provides no more than 2 low-wealth civic jobs. This is why I re-modded the station, and of course to tweak some other stats. Since it is possible to make this station bridge a road, and there are even some commuter shelters down there, I reckoned it would be cool to have this station act not only as a simple EL-rail station, but also as bus station! It can even convert EL to bus traffic directly, i.e. commuters can ride to the station by El-rail and continue their travel by bus without any additional bus station. Last but not least, a new custom menu icon & description and, of course, this concise readme have been added for your convenience. My special thanks goes to:
        Caribou for BATting such a nice station,
        Vester_DK for bringing it to my attention in the Massive Gigantic Japanese BAT Gallery thread, and
        Andreas Roth for helping me out with the transit properties.

This item will appear in your "Misc. Transportation" menu right next to the Maxis EL-rail station.

Dependencies
        You will need Caribou's original BAT, which you can find here. (click the download link under the screenshots)</
        -Mod Edit: Fixed page layout -Cori
      • By T Wrecks
        Caribou Monorail Station
        BAT and original lots &modding by caribou
        Re-modding, new lot design, readme & custom menu icon by T Wrecks
        Take a look at my little lot thread at Simtropolis
        Introduction / Overview
        This download contains a new lot for a monorail station BATed by Japanese BATter caribou. It has a capacity of 3,000 and is a combined monorail and bus station. I merely modified and re-lotted the station to introduce some tweaks and additional features:
        The original lot had a road overlay texture placed under the open underpass, but it was without function. I wanted to make it functional, but transit-enabling one tile for two traffic types (monorail above, road below) is a pain and would have caused problems with automata. So I opted for making the building overhang the lot by 1 tile, just like morifari did with his modern EL-rail stations. Now you can place it partly over a street/road/one-way road - see screenshots. The Plugin Manager suggests horrible values; most civic buildings are set to 95 low-wealth and 5 medium-wealth civic jobs by default! This was the case with caribou's station, too. However, a Maxis monorail station provides no more than 2 low-wealth civic jobs. This is why I re-modded the station, and of course to tweak some other stats. Since it is possible to make this station bridge a road, and there are even some commuter shelters down there, I reckoned it would be cool to have this station act not only as a simple monorail station, but also as bus station! It can even convert monorail to bus traffic directly, i.e. commuters can ride to the station by monorail and continue their travel by bus without any additional bus station. Last but not least, a new custom menu icon & description and, of course, this concise readme have been added for your convenience. My special thanks goes to:
        Caribou for BATting such a nice station,
        Vester_DK for bringing it to my attention in the Massive Gigantic Japanese BAT Gallery thread, and
        Andreas Roth for helping me out with the transit properties.

This item will appear in your "Rail Transportation" menu right next to the Maxis monorail station.

Dependencies
        You will need Caribou's original BAT, which you can find here. (first scroll down on the page until you see the box labeled caribou_elevated_rail_station.zip and click the download link)

-Mod Edit: Fixed page layout -Cori
      • By Simmer2
        It has come to my attention that Caribou's website went down back in 2016 and after scouring the internet there is no trace of any of his work.
        Since I have his work stored in a secure offline vault, I feel that in the spirit of preservation, his work should be available to the public once again.
        These lots and models were made by Caribou and are provided AS IS, nothing in the Zips has been changed by me.
        Since he never provided any pictures I took it upon myself to plop all the lots in game for the purpose of taking snapshots in order for everyone to peruse them before downloading.
        Anyone in the future who would like to create new lots from these models can now use these uploads as a dependency.
        There are 2 lots in this zip
        1) Flyover grey rail station
        1) Flyover blue rail station
        Many Thanks go to Tyberius06 for bringing this matter to my attention.
        Kind regards
        Simmer2
      • By Simmer2
        It has come to my attention that Caribou's website went down back in 2016 and after scouring the internet there is no trace of any of his work.
        Since I have his work stored in a secure offline vault, I feel that in the spirit of preservation, his work should be available to the public once again.
        These lots and models were made by Caribou and are provided AS IS, nothing in the Zips has been changed by me.
        Since he never provided any pictures I took it upon myself to plop all the lots in game for the purpose of taking snapshots in order for everyone to peruse them before downloading.
        Anyone in the future who would like to create new lots from these models can now use these uploads as a dependency.
        There are 2 lots in this zip
        1) Small  grey rail station
        1) Small blue rail station
        Many Thanks go to Tyberius06 for bringing this matter to my attention.
        Kind regards
        Simmer2