Sign in to follow this  
A Nonny Moose

Earthquake hits Burma

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I suspect that there is probably some sort of cycle for these things that we haven't figured out yet. Much the same way the sun has an 11 year cycle for sun storms and the US has a 20 year cycle for high/low hurricane impact probability.

We are in an usually high period of solar flares. (That article is a bit out there. I'm sure there is a better one around.)

No one really knows how it affects us because they have never recorded this high a level before. There is not enough historical data to compare to.

Since the last wednesday happened two earthquakes of +6.0 richter only by difference of two minutes and with epicenters not too much far... I try to think that this is normal, but I can't avoid to get afraid of this.

• Original Poster
  • Let's conjecture a little. There is a lot of solar flare activity. This means unusual events on the sun, some of them very likely gravitic in nature.

We are close enough to the sun for it to affect the ocean tides, so why not the land tides? A little extra set of wave forms in the tectonic plates might give rise to a few extra shakes here and there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SimCityHawk
        The Russian city of Vladivostock in SimCity 3000. Situated on the far eastern tip of Russia, this city is highly dependent on its industrial harbour and railway. The population consists primarily of a large working class living in concrete-paneled apartment buildings from the Soviet era. 
        Population: 345.672
        Created by SimCityHawk
      • By matias93
        Approximately at 18:35 UTC -3 a 7.1 Mw earthquake hit central Chile, specifically 72 km offshore Valparaíso and 33 km deep. Initially the ONEMI (i.e. the Chilean FEMA) called for a preventive tsunami evacuation, which was cancelled just minutes after, due to the small magnitude.
        Neither official sources nor the press report building damage or injured people, but the Valparaíso metro has paused its service preventively.
        The earthquake came after what's called a 'seismic swarm', a series of minor tremors on the same fault line, on a short time span.
      • By UrbanFoxx
        Welcome to a brand new path SparkleCity is going to take, as we construct the region from scratch on YouTube, it's time for @Haljackey to have a little competition. (Note: I only mean that light-heartedly... I do not want actual trouble over amplifying the scale of the Oak Ridges project, seen all 100 episodes, and the major cities will be modeled after that.)
        Enjoy the viewing experience... and congrats to @CorinaMarie for achieving moderator! Also, the thumbnail is from the Metro Hamilton City journal by @mp01vic do go check that out...
      • By catty-cb
        After 33 years of not having American naval vessels visit New Zealand the USS Sampson was due to enter Auckland Harbour tomorrow morning for the International Naval Review as part of celebrations for the 75th anniversary of the Royal New Zealand Navy, it won't be taking part now instead its bypassing Auckland and is heading straight to Kaikoura to help with the disaster relief.
        EDIT: In another news article the HMAS Darwin was also going to be taking part in the same Naval Review buts its been diverted to help with disaster relief and Canada is sending its frigate the HMCS Vancouver to help.
        Thank You