Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy0626

Where is the rain

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

By now you would of thought that someone would of came up with seasons mod??????????????? :???:

After I have read everything that I could about the snow mod, you can't use the snow mod in region that you only need snow in a couple of states.

The way I view the snow mod is that you can have snow in all states or the stand simcity season.

If only I time to complete the GM Bat which start out a plain car yard that I have been working on for 8 years where has turn into an compnay before I could look this problem :O

I would like rain isn't it about time the little sims got wet while catching all the mass transport that you have given them to play with :idea: :idea: :idea:

Well, maybe you should start looking into the game mechanics first to find why making a working seasons mod is very difficult.

The game has in fact support for seasons, and you'll be surprised how many has been done with it already.

There are seasonal trees, which change leaves with the seasons, for example.

In theory, terrain mods can be altered to change with seasons, but experiments with that have not resulted in anything that looked good enough.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11701.0

Maxis wanted to have seasons in the game, but they scrapped that relatively late in the stage of development, so a lot of the stuff remains hidden somewhere in the .dat files.

And concerning actual, visible precipitation like rain or snow, people are still working on that.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14724.0

Read lowkee33's topics in his Garden to learn all about seasonal terrain, snow, rain effects and other stuff maxis hid in the game files.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=402

The problem is whether you want rain all the time or a weather simulation. If the latter, it isn't in the cards. Seasonal trees depend on the simulation date which is available if you are clever enough.

I am sure you wouldn't want rain on your city all the time, so a weather simulation would be needed. You'll need a rather large machine, and a rewrite of the SC4 kernel, which can't be done without the source. EA isn't handing the source to anyone.

By the way, the snow command accesses the simulation date. It'sno big deal.