Sign in to follow this  
adambomo

Trouble Uploading Region

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I'm trying to upload a region, no matter what I do I can't get it to work. I know it is mac compatible since I have seen it working on them any help? I read about grayscale images and stuff, this uploads config.bmp file is all colorful.

• Original Poster
  • I get into the game and do CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R and it pops the window up. I then find the region that i dragged into my "regions" folder. I attempt to upload the config.bmp and it closes the window and does nothing.

What you need to do is double click on the greyscale image when you do CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R. Make sure the config.bmp is in the folder of the region before doing this.

Edited by Indiana Joe  

• Original Poster
  • Ok, one of the two regions I uploaded did the exact same thing as before; the other one instead popped an error about the sizes not matching?

What does that error mean?

The error means that the config is either not in the correct region folder. Or the configs size is not right.

The config file should be placed in a region folder. For instance Documents>SimCIty4>Regions>"YourRegion" With "YourRegion" being the folder for the region you are trying to make. Put your config file in there, and keep the greyscale somewhere easy to access.

Run SC4 and your region should have the same number and layout of cities as the config file. CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R will then bring up the window. Select the greyscale image.

If this error still pops up, then post the resolution of both files and we will let you know if there is a problem there.