Sign in to follow this  
henriquesimcity4

Can my pc run simcity on high?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

I don't think anyone here would be able to tell for sure. The beta is not even out yet.

But from the looks of your VGA and amount of RAM, I'd guess the processor is a good one. You haven't specified the model though.

A little, little bit of research, and you can find this on Youtube:

He ran all those games with the same graphics card. You should absolutely run SimCity.

• Original Poster
  • its here....XPS 15 - L502X

Second Generation Intel ® Core? i7-2630QM (2.00GHz, 2.90GHz with Turbo Boost up to, 6MB Cache) Memory 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz (1x2GB +1 x4Gb) expandable to 16GB Screen Keyboard in Portuguese from 15.6 LED Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) with 2.0MP webcam and facial recognition video Card NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GT540M 2GB 500GB hard drive (7200RPM) LCD Coverage on Silver Color Windows ® 7 Home Premium 64-bit Original in Portuguese network card 10/100 optical reader and writer CD/DVD- / + RW and Blu-Ray sound Board Maxx Audio 3 Wireless Intel Centrino Wireless Card N1030 (L502X) and Bluetooth 3.0 Microsoft ® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel that include advertising. No PowerPoint and Outlook McAfee Security Center - 2 years Battery 9-cell Lithium

thanks

I have a feeling that it will put a pretty hefty load on the processor, considering that the game is much more complex now with agents and what not. Plus, the 3D rendering will require a good GPU. I doubt it will need more than 2-4GB of RAM. I would guess that a 2.2 Ghz core 2 duo could handle it, but a 3 ghz quad core or better would be preferable. 8 gigs or RAM should be more than enough.

I'm just going by pure speculation here, by the way. However, I can give a good guess based on how well my computer handled EVE Online when I played it. I put all settings on Ultra and it ran perfectly. I have a 3.2 Ghz Phenom II quad core from AMD, 4 gigs of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 560 card, and so far I haven't run into a game I can't play on ultra. I'm sure you will be fine.

System Requirements

PC

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP/Vista/7

RAM:

2GB

Graphics Card:

ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better*

nVidia 7800 or better*

Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better*

Broadband Internet:

Minimum 256 kbps download, 64 kbps upload*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

Mac

Processor:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Snow Leopard 10.6.4

RAM:

2GB

Hard Drive:

10GB HD Space

Graphics Card:

NVIDIA 9400M/ Intel HD3000

Broadband Internet:

Minimum 256 kbps download, 64 kbps upload

Really 256Kb is nothing nowadays (I have 25-30Mb, or 25,000-30,000Kb), the real problem is that so many companies now have data caps, especially with cell phone based connections. The caps in Europe are even more stringent. Add in their always online requirement from a company that is well known for server issues and there will be so many complaints until they finally release an offline patch.

I really do wish that Maxis would copy the development and design strategy of Creative Assembly. That's a company that has made incredible leaps in game performance and quality, while still catering to a huge variety of players. Directly from a developer at Creative Assembly, James Russell:

"the total war engine... over the years, we've learned so much about how to get a really optimized performance, in terms of being able to deal with thousands and thousands of men on the screen at once and the fact that when you zoom in you get a huge amount of detail. We also want to make sure that the game, as well as taking advantage of the best that the most powerful machines have to offer, we also want to make sure that the game's playable on lower end machines too. Our goal is to make sure the game has the same minimum spec as Shogun II.

If you aren't familiar with the Total War series, they have an incredible amount of detail for those players who's computers can perform. At the same time, that detail can be easily lowered for players, making the game very playable for lower end machines. Wishing Maxis would do the same, instead of forcing all players down to the minimum specs.