Sign in to follow this  
Infamous Blob

Residential Areas Say Educational Grade is Low (High Wealth) or Medium (Medium and Low Wealth)

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hullo folks 4.gif

I am, right now rather frustrated with one of my cities. It had hit 857,000 people, it's dropped since then as the city's gone into depression and is becomming a pile of high wealth buildings that are looking a bit grubby due to their low wealth occupants or have been abbandoned all together.

Soo now I'm at 789,00 which is the first major drop in population I've had since the cities establishment.

As far as I can see, when querying residential buildings, is that everythings great, garbage low, crime low, health high, but one thing, school grade, it's low... which makes no sense, as, when querying schools, ALL OF THEM, are at 100% school grade with all of those apples filled up ¬¬

Sooo I, based upon the advice of one of my sims, who told me to build him a local school, decided to spread a few small elementry schools around neighbourhoods, it made no difference, despite them all having excellent school grade also.

What makes even less sense is that despite all of these problems, education levels are on the rise, they were at 160 ten years ago, now they've just hit 180, there's a university, there's two colleges, tons of large elementry schools and large high schools, but this just isn't making those residences happy, still showing either school grade low or medium regardless of the actually quality of schools.

So admittedly this is rather frustrating, why are my sims not happy with the excellent education system... something else I've noticed as well is that in commertial districts in particular, is that land value has dropped to red on the system, which is odd... o.O Not sure if it's related or not 4.gif

Soo yeah, all help appreciated in solving this 4.gif

Thanks in advance 4.gif

Education takes just as many Sim-years as people years, and there is nothing magic about it.  If you look at your education by age graph and the population by age graph you may be enlightened.  For schools to work you need people of school age.  You need good numbers in the zero to thirty groups.

0-5 grow old enough

6-13 grades 1 - 8

14-17 high school

18-21 baccelaureate

22-26 grad school

26-      experiential starting at R$

Local schools are no help unless there are school age kids, and even then, there is the time scale above, and local is not as important as coverage.  You can only have one university, but you can spot some colleges around.

With the city you are describing, I expect you have few children and lots of people aging out and dying.  Sims have normal human life spans.  You probably need to do something to attract more young couples who have or will have kids.

I bet this city of yours has an Opera house in it. The Opera house acts as an educational lot, but has no visible stats for how well it is functioning, which combined with a low occupancy, results in a shock low overall education score. It this is not the case, check any private schools. They are not as bad as the Opera house, but can be overwhelmed easy in a dense city.

• Original Poster
  • Yeah the city has an opera house in it, and had three private schools, all of which were overwhelmed, so I demolished them and put two new ones side by side in a commercial district far away from houses, so now they're not so overwhelmed :] I also killed the opera house, let's hope it has an effect 4.gif

Libraries and Museums are all over the place, I built one, well a library anyway, next to every large school and a few scattered museums so I doubt it's that 4.gif

Education by age starts at 0 - 11 on mine and it's about 190, this increases steadily to 195 for the 80+ age group or whatever the highest one is

Population by age is quite varied, new young citizens are at 40000, the lowest age group is the old one

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3667/ohdeartoo.png