Sign in to follow this  
GMT

CityVille

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

So since we had an appetizer-article a certain time ago and the launch not too long ago aswell...

Anyone else playing Cityville already?

I do and I quite like it.

After giving Farmville a shot and getting utterly annoyed thus making wide detours when reading zynga, I must say Cityville got me sort of hooked.

Its actually not too bad and mildly addicting...of course it's no sim city but its fun to play a game where you can work with friends to help each other out as you build your cities, within the comfort of your social network!

• Original Poster
  • I'm slowly getting there as word of this game spreads, but I could always use more neighbors

Considering how easily and hopelessly I get addicted to things, I am not about to let myself get roped into another one of these games. Three years after it first showing up, MyMiniCity is still successfully launching fifteen minutes of my life into oblivion every day...

• Original Poster
  • patience my friend, patience.

When I started, there was like... none of my friends playing but now it's like 15 and another handful who at least tried it.

Back when I started farmville, it was pretty new aswell and barely anyone playing and today it has more players than many nations have inhabitants, last thing I heard was 80 million. go figure.

I have stopped playing this game for several reasons:

1. It takes forever to load

2. You have to be a certain population to expand, which is dumb. How are you supposed to get a higher population if you don't have room to build more houses???

3. None of my friends play it, so it is very difficult to do things

4. The number of zoning permits you have to get to expand is ridiculous

5. Half the stuff requires cash to be purchased.

I played CityVille when this game was realeased, not too much time ago. I really dislike it, is something adictive, but the combination of colors makes me a vision fatigue, too much of the normal. Including that the game is social, you need friends to share, win more features and all that, and is something that I really dislike of this kind of games, because is my game, why should I share with another people?

CityVille is interesting, but is not my kind of game.