Sign in to follow this  
SpaceDude

NAM: rail on road

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie on mods, so I got the NAM 2009. But I'm having some problems.

When I put a rail over a road, no car pass over it. I tried to put a underpass road and a overpass rail, but neither work.

Can some help me?

thanks

I'm not sure I understand your problem, a picture would help (me at least).

Did you make sure you used the right puzzle pieces? (for example, are you sure you didn't use the one-way road puzzle piece)

Hope it helps

-Pingangster

Well, I know for the middle picture with the road under rail underpass that you won't see automa, but it should still be usable. I aso looks like in the first picture you just layed the rail since it's still grayed out. It's weird though. could it be a problem with the opions he selected with the NAM? like is there a glitch with Ultra Z or something? Just throwing out ideas.

Your road is not connected to the underpass lot. You need to drag the road into the underpass lot as far as it will go on both sides to activate the paths. Check out the details on how to place and use the underpasses in the readme.

NAM conflict.

You're running a left hand version of NAM with a right hand version of SimCity or vice versa. Reinstall the NAM and pay attention to the suboptions in order to install it correctly.

I've experienced exactly the same problems!

I was so frustrated that I read the readme (which normally doesn't often happen) and there I found out about this left hand driving version.

Now it works but everything is left hand which is irritating if you live in a country were everything is right.

What do I have to do to ensure that my Rail intersections work and that I have a right hand version of the NAM.

What a minute, you have the NAM set up for right hand or left hand mode? To make sure you have the right hand version, you DON'T check the last box on the NAM install check list. I think it says Left Hand something. Just make sure it's unchecked.

at the installation first I did'nt check left hand drive.. but then the same problems as above appeared now I checked it and everthing works but I don't want left.

(I bought my Sim City in Germany so the dafault should be right)

Well,even though they may drive on the right side of the road, Maxis might have sterotyped all of Europe as driving on the left side so therefore only provided a lefthanded version. Providing that there is such thing as a right andleft handversion. You might be stuck with a lefthanded version, unless someone else has any ideas. Sorry.

It might have to do with the languge you select for the installer. English(UK) might be left handed driving. But I don't know.

Right-Hand game, do not check the Left-Hand option of NAM...

Left-Hand game, do check the Left-Hand option of NAM...

The NAM does not determine the side that vehicles drive on, but the left-hand addon is needed for left-hand games for rail to function correctly. More info here if interested. 

If you do have a left-hand version of the game (vehicles drive on left) and want to change it to right-hand, you might check out this post by Ripplejet. He explains how to do it.

I had English UK which obviusly was left at the Installation of Sim City I chose English.

I wanted English and right but therefore I need the US English which isn't on the European disk.

So no my Game is in German and right.

Thanks a lot for your help.