• MandelSoft
    MandelSoft

The NAM Team presents... Project Symphony (Part 2 of 2)

The Maxis Highway get a great overhaul with Project Symphony! The NAM Team officialy reveals this piece of technology for the upcoming NAM 31 release and shows what it can do.

Part 2 of 2 is a presentation of the basic interchange construction of Project Symphony.

For more information about the NAM, check SimTropolis or SC4Devotion,com and stay tuned for more NAM developments!

NAM 31: Coming to you on March 1st!

(OMGWTHBBQRELEASEDATEZOMFG!)

Best,

Maarten/MandelSoft

User Feedback

Before anyone asks: there's is a malfunction in the exported video, letting one clip get stuck. Windows Movie Maker failed me again in this way and I've found another program in which I try to fix this video as soon as possible

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this comment

I HAVE re-filmed it and it did just fine. It's the post-editing by Windows Movie Maker (to be more specific: the export sequence) that screws things up...

Share this comment

Well, so far it is a considerable improvement over the previous one.  There was one missing segment, but I can look at that after you have fixed it.  There was a long nothing starting at the 12 minutes or so mark then it resumed while I was typing this.

This stuff is absolutely amazing.  I get the impression, however, that it is somewhat dependent on having RHW loaded.  Do I understand that this feature is part of RHW or is it separate?

Share this comment

Please confirm it will be part of the V31 release?

I've confirmed it multiple times and yes, this is more than ready for a release along with the NAM 31.

Is there going to be a flyover ramp full interchange and also the Single Point Urban Interchange (SPUI)?

No and no.

The first one, a full stack interchange, is just too large for a puzzle piece (the maximum size of any puzzle piece is 16x16 tiles due to IID allocation.

The second one is not supported by Symphony itself, because that would require extra RUL1 and RUL2 overrides, and currently PS only contains extra RUL0 entries (for puzzle pieces). Since I'm not skilled with RUL1 and RUL2, they are not in the initial release, but you can use the RHW-4 as alternative...

Best,

Maarten

Share this comment

Please confirm it will be part of the V31 release?

I've confirmed it multiple times and yes, this is more than ready for a release along with the NAM 31.

>Is there going to be a flyover ramp full interchange and also the Single Point Urban Interchange (SPUI)?

No and no.

The first one, a full stack interchange, is just too large for a puzzle piece (the maximum size of any puzzle piece is 16x16 tiles due to IID allocation.

The second one is not supported by Symphony itself, because that would require extra RUL1 and RUL2 overrides, and currently PS only contains extra RUL0 entries (for puzzle pieces). Since I'm not skilled with RUL1 and RUL2, they are not in the initial release, but you can use the RHW-4 as alternative...

Best,

Maarten

Thank you, and looking foward to NAM 31 release.

Share this comment