• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Entries in this City Journal

lew1984

Kou-1_acopy.png

KOU: A Farming Region in Natsuku

With the large growing town of Yasaka expanding along the riverbank of the Natsuku great river valuable farming space is lost. As food produce is currently the Natsuku regions no.1 export, smaller surrounding settlements have began to spring up. Sims flock to these outer regions to escape the growing noise of Yasaka and make a living selling food whilst enjoying a slower way of life. Demand is high in the export markets, but there is also growing demand to feed the sims of Yasaka as the town grows.

Kou is situated west of Yasaka off the Royal Natsuku Highway 03, it is a small farming settlement grown from the need to increase food production in the region. Life is harder in Kou and many of the poorer sims have moved from Yasaka to this area as increasing land value has forced many farming sims from central Yasaka.

Kou 07-07-2013

Kou-1.png

Working on the Farms

Kou-2.png

Kou-3.png

Kou-5.png

Kou-4.png

Kou-7a.png

Kou still lacks any real amenities or services, the sims here have to travel to Yasaka for any education or healthcare. Fire cover is basic and run by local volunteers, Koi also has one small temple in the area for the sims to enjoy. Some sims here are able to work in small local shops. Most of the housing in Kou is basic and most homes lack any water! Some lucky richer sims are in the tiny town but there presence is small in number.

Shacks

Kou-12.png

Higher Wealth

Kou-13.png

Temple in Kou

Kou-8.png

Town Centre

Kou-11.png

lew1984

Yasaka

Yasaka: A Growing Riverside Settlement

So after playing SC13 for only two weeks before giving up due to disappointment I have returned to SC4. Playing the game again has really driven home just how limited SC13 is! I have finally finished creating a fairly large region and hope to one day upload it on the STEX. Anyhow for now I just want to get down and play SC4 as I have spent more than enough time terraforming (its now making me feel i'll I have spent so much time on it!)...

Yasaka is a fast growing town on the banks of the river Natsuku. Easy access and a central location has allowed the settlement to grow and become a central transport hub for surrounding settlements exporting food products to the rest of sim nation.

Yasaka's growing Riverside

Yasaka-23Jun1491372371745.png

Street Markets

Numerous street markets and small shops have begun to sprout up around the town selling fresh food from the farms and fish from the rivers.

Yasaka-27Sep611371760719.png

Nikko Airport

Nikko airport is a small civilian airport that has recently opened in Yasaka to serve a small but growing demand for overseas visitors to visit the region. The airport lies in the farming regions on the outskirts of town.

Yasaka-4May1491372371486.png

Preparing for Wimbledon!

The Mayor has commissioned a world class tennis park for Yasaka's hopefuls to practice before competing in grand-slam tournaments. The park has a compliment of two main courts and four smaller courts for training and smaller matches. Maybe one day a grand slam will visit Yasaka.

Yasaka-12Jun1491372371629.png

Yasaka-6Jan1231372018461.png

Farming Regions

Yasaka is surrounded by growing farming regions that use the town's riverside location as a small export centre.

Yasaka-7Nov761371844183.png

Thanks for reading I hope to post more pictures for the Natsuku region and Yasaka as they continue to grow.

-Lew1984

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections