What is Blue Hope?
Blue Hope is an Interactive City Journal in which members can ACTIVELY contribute toward the development of the region. Formerly, Blue Hope was known for its Island of Newark in which hosted several oil reserves that the United Nations took interest upon and decided to settle and develop during a peak oil crisis. The story plot remains mostly the same, however; the adventure has been taken into a new (more manageable) island in which sustains heavy oil reserves. Now that the political debates have been secured, the island colonies of Newark have been secured into the 51st state of the United States and industrial demand has sky rocketed to drill for oil.
What’s YOUR role?
Your job is to colonize and feed the demand for development amongst the island through the development of urban areas, industry, sea / airports, and infrastructure.
How it works?
Blue Hopes regions and plugins are located on Windows Live Mesh (http://www.mesh.com) which allows for real-time sharing of files and folders. This means, when I save a file, the changes that I make are INSTANTLY sent to everyone sharing my file through online syncing. When I save a city file, the file is also updated on your PC so you can see my changes. How this works is, you download Windows Live Mesh and Messenger and add my account at email@example.com. Upon adding me, you will receive a request to join the “Fileshare” folder. When you do, you are going to create a new shortcut for SC4 which will allow the game to load Blue Hopes Region and Plugins INDEPENDTLY of your own Region and Plugins. This means you won’t have to worry about overwriting your plugins or having a super massive cluster of unnecessary plugins in your Regions.
Methods of Playing:
There are two modes in Blue Hope. There is Mayor and Contractor Mode. In Mayor Mode, you’re the Mayor of a city and you begin with 2 Large City Tiles and no points until you build enough structures. In the long run this is probably the most prosperous way to play, but it is very constrictive if you desire to develop anything outside of your city limits. In Contractor Mode you begin with 6,000 points but no city tiles. You can use these points to make developments on land that is not considered your property but you will need to be careful to ensure that you will be making a profit. You CAN perform dual modes, for example a Major in Mayor Mode and Minor in Contractor mode means you will start with 2 Large City Tiles and all the points you earn in Mayor Mode can be used in your Contractor setup. Contractors can be under company names, for example if you’re running a transportation railway system, you can setup a company and dedicate points to that company.
Mayor Mode: Begin with 2 Large City tiles and develop freely within those tiles. You gain points based on your residents, commerce, or industrial Sims. If you wish to develop further you will need to pay 3,000 points to purchase another large city tile, or use your points to develop outside the mayor mode. You can also hire contractors to develop infrastructure of developments within your land or to create networks to different cities. Mayors can also work as contractors.
Contractor Mode: Begin with 6,000 points to use region wide for development. TYPICALLY contractors are assigned by company names. You gain points based on the deals and agreements you make. Contractors can also make income based off of residential, industrial, and commercial property, but their expenses ARE set. Contractors can partner with Mayors, Work Independently, or spawn from Mayors.
Previously, Blue Hope was sustained by a points / deed system in which members owned their own property, developments, factories, buildings, roads or railroads. While the system still exists, it is in a milder passive form as you are now allowed to freely develop upon your own land. Basically, you will not need to worry about your scores, deeds, or points to develop in your land. You will also not be limited to what you can and cannot build. You gain points based on the amount of residents you have in your city. You will be given a check in a month in which you can use to develop assets (roadways, toll roads, turnpikes, utilities, ect) OUTSIDE of your city limits, or just use it to expand your city limits by purchasing another city tile…
· You start off with 2 Large City Tiles.
o You gain 0.2 Points per Resident Sim in your city every month.
o You gain 0.4 Points per Commercial Sim in your city every month.
o You gain 0.3 Points per Industrial Sim in your city every month.
· A large city tiles costs 3,000 Points
o A city of 20,000 residents would net you 4,000 Points per month.
· Everything you develop INSIDE your city limits is excluded from the scoring system.
· Everything you develop OUTSIDE your city limits will cost a monthly fee.
The score system basically determines what you can and cannot purchase outside of your city limits. Everything INSIDE your city limits is free. Everything OUTSIDE of your city will require you pay points out of your score and you will also need a deed to own the property. Usually the only reason the develop anything outside of your city limits is for the construction of Highways or Transit routes between cities, or if you want to set up a power or water deal to your neighbors. It is NOT MANDATORY that you use the score system while you’re in your own city tiles. If you just want to stick with the two tiles you have, that is perfectly fine. If you want to only expand your tiles and not build anything outside of those tiles, that is also fine.
1. Your score will be updated at the end of every month. If you’re a Contractor I ask that you create your own deed based on the BHCJ Calculator. Mayors incur no expenses for the city tiles they manage and also do not need deeds.
2. You CANNOT build outside of your city limits without points and permissions. You can hire a contractor, or become a contractor and use points however, but you must be ready to pay points and incur a monthly fee.
3. No complaining. Seriously this gets old. The Blue Hope System is MORE than fair and it is very easy to rack up points to develop whatever and wherever you wish. If I gave land out freely it would become a big mess of over development and cause the region to become cluttered relatively easily.
4. No sabotaging. If you are caught wrecking havoc in another person’s city tile, you will be automatically banned. If you misuse to file share center and flood it with miscellaneous useless files or use it to spread virus’s or corrupt files, you will find yourself banned. If you delete cities, the region, plug ins, or all of the above I will only restore them as they are periodically backed up and you will find yourself banned.
5. You ARE allowed to add plugins of your choosing even without permission, but I ask that you don’t take advantage and overuse this privilege.
No modifying default BH files such as the NAM
, slope mods, terrain mods, ect.
1. In Mayor Mode, you will be able to select any two large city tiles you desire. They don’t even have to be connected.
a. You gain points per sim in your city.
b. It costs 3,000 Points to purchase a large city tile.
c. City tiles do not incur monthly expenses so there is no deed required for them.
d. You can develop anywhere on your city tile without costs or restrictions except for ordinances if they apply.
e. Your points can be used to expand your boundaries, pay a contractor, or become a contractor to extend projects outside your city limits.
2. In Contractor Mode, you will begin with 6,000 Points. You CAN purchase city tiles and develop freely. However; everything outside your city limits will incur a monthly cost.
a. Zoning does not incur an expense, only an income. You are paid based on the zoning, density, and wealth.
b. You can still purchase a large city tile for 3,000 Points.
c. Any infrastructure you develop that is not within your city limits will incur a monthly charge. Not all infrastructures will result in a net income. Toll Booths, Rail Stations, and Bus services can result in an income but they must be used.
d. If you are a contractor developing within another person’s city, you can negotiate terms of how much you desire to receive per month in alternative to your expected monthly earnings for usage.
e. You will need a deed for everything you develop that does not exist within your city tiles.
I will perform all major updates upon your request. All you must do is request an update. If you have any special requests for your update then you will need to send me your update in a word document with the photos you wish to display attached to it along with the statements and claims.