Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Citi Journal: Cafe Palma

Sign in to follow this  
nickzou

Cafe Palma

exterior Cafe Palma opened its doors on December 21st, 1958 and has been the one of the main attractions of not only St Bartholomews but all of Old Town. Known for its special house blend, coffee connoisseurs come from around the world to try it.

Founded by Emilien Gallais, a French traveler, it houses a distinctive wall mural on the interior west wall based off of a 12th century illuminated manuscript Gallais saw years prior. Though the he sold the cafe only a few years after founding it, the mural remains as one of the main attractions to the cafe and to St. Bartholomews.

interior1  
interior2  
interior3  

Up Next

icon 2    The Raycraft Hotel, a bridge between the past and the future.
icon3    St. Bartholomew's Anglican Church, the parish that gave the neighborhood its namesake.
Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Yep! It was a bitch to render. The scene has 15 lights in total. All in all, I think those three shots took a little more than an hour to render. My poor little laptop processor...

Share this comment

have you tried using 3DsMAX? i believe its available free for civil engineering students...i can't afford to pay for it though so i know nothing about it really..but i do know people use it on this site to upload BATs (for SC4)...also i think the doors need to be scaled differently..they seem to be too wide......my last question...how did you find this site then?

Share this comment

3DsMax is really similar to Maya. Both are autodesk products and I can model in both but I prefer Maya's render engine although they're probably both very similar as well. I'm just more used to Maya and it is generally accepted to be slightly more powerful and versatile. Although those features really don't affect me. You're probably right about the doors. But I'm not in the mood to re-render the whole scene. And as for your last question, I still play Sim City, I'm playing Cities XL 2011 right now. That's just not what this journal is about.

Share this comment