Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

East Prattsville

Sign in to follow this  
Detective Stan

Comment Replies:

Towerdude: thanks for the comment, it's not so nice.

kolnikov inc: I found and downloaded the mods you suggested me, thank you.

elnorte: thank you, but as I said, that's not so nice. I wish it was better.

Banner.jpg

Prattsville-2Dic391283418591.png

Going beyond Hampton Bridge you can reach East Prattsville. It's the newest part of Prattsville and it's still growing. The small industrial park of Prattsville it's on this side of the river, and East Prattsville it's also the site of the Pitt County Power Plant, of the County Jail and of the County Dump. This district isn't wealthy as the one on the west side: it's inhabitated mostly by people who comes from the medium classes and it's pratically a dormitory town for the near city of Newton, where most of the people go to work.

Prattsville-20Set401283419402.png

If you don't want to drive over the Hampton Bridge, you can always take the train. Therailway has been important for the economy of East Prattsville. Especially the freight station (the one on the right) is still heavily used by the farmers of the zone around East Prattsville. During the 1950s the railway has also been used for the transport of the County Jail inmates.

Prattsville-3Ott401283419470.png

Going east, you'll see the Pitt County Power Plant. Built during the 1960s, its costruction required five years. It is an important resource for the town, as the near neighbourhoods have been built for the workers of the power plant. It has owned by the County for almost twenty years, until 1987 when the power plant was sold to a private company, the Pitt Power Company (which, actually, owns only this plant). Due to the low requests of power from Prattsville, most of the power produced here is sold to the near city of Newton.

Prattsville-12Dic391283418638.png

The city keeps growing, as you can see from this aerial shot. This neighbourhood, called River Beach, it's the very newest part of East Prattsville. The north zone has been established only in 2008 and even if a large part of the houses is already built, some costruction aren't complete yet.

Prattsville-14Mar401283418934.png

River Beach at dawn. The south part of the neighbourhood has been a dangerous place for several years during the 80s, when this hood was almost abandoned by the law enforcement and the crime rates were high. Only during the early 90s, with the election of a new sheriff, it has been rehabilitated after several raids of the Pitt County Sheriff Dept. Now River Beach is a quiet and safe place, inhabitated by young families with childrens.

Prattsville-12Nov411283426477.png

Anyway, if you prefer to see what is gonna happen to you if you want to break the law, visit the Pitt County Jail. It was built in 1923, but it isn't the original one anymore: it has been restored many times, even in 2008. It has accomodated various criminals, famous or not. Al Capone slept here for three days in 1926, and from 2007 it's the home of Barney Malford, the robber who terrorized the county during 2006 robbing 27 small stores in 13 days. 

From East Pittsville it's all. See you next time.

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Great job here! I don't know but i seem to love the second picture alot (the one with the rail stations) :D

Share this comment

Nice update. You are already making progress, this update looks loads better than the first! (Not that the first was terrible of course!)

Share this comment

Real good CJ! love the "small town" American atmosphere of it all.

Just a thing to note, i come from Britain, and here, the word "Pratt" is a mildly insulting term, meaning "idiot", or "fool". so i always chuckle when i see "Prattsville, Mount Quoio" at the top of your CJ! lol

Share this comment