Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Shiloh City

Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaGellock

Shiloh City

Welcome back to Chora, and welcome to Shiloh. Shiloh is a known throughout Southern Chora for its unmatched shipping facilities, towering downtown, and sports parks. This blue collar city has excellent manufacturing jobs and is home to several high tech industries also. The people get around via Shiloh Rail, the S-Tram System, and SBS (Shiloh Bus System). The city is also home to Shiloh International Airport. 

I hope you all enjoy the images. Please allow a moment for the images to load. All pictures can be viewed in full resolution by simply opening the picture's web address in a new browser window.

We'll start it off with some quick shots. Box 1 shows how serious Shiloh takes freight. The city is a hub for rail freight and during the week, you can catch light train maintenance taking place in the industrial district. Box 2 shows some of Shiloh's upscale condos. These condos are alongside Elijah's river and offer a beautiful view of the Rogue Mountains just south of the city. Box 3 shows Brite Stadium. Brite, a company who specializes in light-bulb manufacturing, has its headquarters in downtown. 
portrait2.png

Here is an expanded shot of the above rail yard. 

shilohrailyard2.png

Here is a shot of some of Brite's warehouses and design facilities.

shilohcleanindustry.png

In box 1, you can see Brite's headquarters and the beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean. Box 2 shows the rail maintenance building. This building services diesel engines, and various cars as well. Box 3 shows Shiloh University's main building. Other buildings in downtown serve as buildings for the University, but a majority of classes are held in this building.
portrait1.png

And here is Shiloh's beautiful downtown:

downtownwaterfront.png

Here is a close-up of a different area of downtown bordering the downtown tram loop. Shiloh Bible Church and a police substation are pictured here.

shilohchurch.png

At the other end of the city, you can grab some popcorn and catch a game at Fishers' Park. This is a family park, and enjoyed by all ages. The park owes some of its success to its location as well (its along the city tram loop).

shilohfield.png

And finally, Shiloh in the making...

56248285.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by to check out Chora. Your comments, feedback, and ratings are appreciated!!!
Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

The railroad pic and the two pics under it are fabulous, I have never seen custom content like that before! Amazing work. 

DC

Share this comment

Schulmanator - Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it!

DCMetro - Thanks a lot! 

I have a second round of pictures in store for Shiloh, including a city-wide picture!

Share this comment

Good to see all German trains and waggons here :). I like the closeups of the city - even if you could have done something to break up the grid. But that is not importent for the closeups. Well done.

Share this comment

Thanks Retep! 

N_Wilson - While most of my cities are based on a grid design (like most cities), I do what I can to break up that grid or atleast bring life to it. I do that by using diagonal aves, tram-in-road and tram-in-ave, and taking sections out of the grid to make room for stadiums, etc. So while it keeps that grid design, its not completely a boxed look. Thanks for your feedback!

Share this comment

Wow I love this CJ! I have such a hard time making grid designed cities( I'm spatially challenged IRL)but this has inspired me to really try my best and give it another go. I also think I'm gonna toy around with trains in my cities now thanks to you.

Share this comment

lauandbilly - Wow. Thanks for your very humbling comment. I'm glad I inspired you to build with rail! It adds some jazz to the cities. :) Be sure to start a CJ and show us your work!

Share this comment