• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

L

Sign in to follow this  
Skimbo

unbenannttzd.jpg

Replies:

@CTMandR: Thank you for thoose motivateing words :)

@CIUU96: Thank you :)

@TekindusT: Thank you :) I love to keep things as realistic as possible....:)

@Tower Dude: Tahnk you too :)

U23:

Heyho and welcome to the twentythird update of my MD dragon Islands.

Today I'm going to show you some pictures of the (small) airport of Lòng Chèng.

Pilots do not like this airport, it's difficult to land there because of the very short runway and a lot of wind. A 707 is the absolute maximum, anything larger can't land.

It also can be very dangerous if a plane does not land exactly on the marked points, water and rocks are very close to both ends of the runway.

Okay, let's show some pics.

The first thing a passenger sees is the main building of the airport, a 2 story flat roofed building with a very functional design.

02301.jpg

The parking garages are located to the south of the small airport.

02302.jpg

Some helipads provide the possibility of a very fast transfer in direction downtown.

02303.jpg

The terminal building is located on the east end of the area next to the rail station.

02304.jpg

Some open air gats and the tower follow on this site.

02305.jpg

A parking lot for planes provides a small space for necessary repairs, but there actually ain't hangars for huge planes, too less space....

But some smaller hangars for private plains do exist.

02306.jpg

The grass around the runway has more flowers than anything elles....

02307.jpg

As you can see.... only some meters space....

02308.jpg

The small fuel depot and two small hangars are located on the north end of the area.

02309.jpg

some Overviews:

02310.jpg

02311.jpg

2314.jpg

The area arond the airport is a (compared to other places in the city) cheap place to build on....

02313.jpg

02315.jpg

And as the last pic, just Wu road. The road that leads to the airport.

2316e.jp2316e.jpg

I hope you've enjoied this update, greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo Smiley

nxtup.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Small, but very nice airport! Yes, the runway is definately too short, even for small aircrafts. I've eyeballed that it is 384 meters long (24 tiles x 16 meters each tile), which is really short. I mean, my nearest civil aviation airport has a 900 meters runway... 

Anyways, that's been a great update!

Share this comment

The runway looks a bit short to me, but the grass and terminal and everything else look stunning! Did you photoshop the grass, or did you download it?

Also on your last entry in the 13th picture you mentioned the station front, where did you get it? (not the station, I can already tell Bripizza made that). Thanks man!

Share this comment

Yeah the runway is far too short for a 747 it needs to be about 4,000m about the length of a large tile but i still really like the airport it's great

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections