Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to Vindaloo Province

Sign in to follow this  
Gregums

VINDALOO PROVINCE!!!

The concept behind this CJ is one of natural growth - keep changes small and without thought to the wider region.  The idea here is to avoid the unrealistic tendency of city-building to to create road grids and towering skyscrapers in a region that isn't large enough to support them.

There are a few guidelines that I have tried to follow to create a realistic city and region:

1) Start with streets, upgrade to roads only when congestion becomes a problem.

Vindaloo is born, town centre is located at the intersecion of the two roadways.

Vindaloo-Mar3021256968158.png

2) Provide services on an as needed basis.

The University of Mott Lake, Outside of Vindaloo

Vindaloo-Aug23121257010823.png

3) When developing city infrastructure, try to avoid destroying buildings - take the path of least resistance, the larger the building the less likely it will be torn down to fit new infrastructure.

A segment of the Vindaloo - Southbank Line connecting the two nodes.

Vindaloo-Aug17261257061590.png

4) When a town centre grows, the hinterland of low density/farms around it must grow with it.

Before and After: Year 12: a sleepy town. Population: ~6,500

Vindaloo-Jan5041256970014.png 

Year 44: a burgeoning city ready for the big leagues! Population: ~58,000

Vindaloo-May30441257230475.png

Other notes:

-The region being used is the standard Berlin region found in SC4
-CIties are on easy mode, the only cheat used throughout is the reopening God Mode.  I only used it to add trees easier to the city scape.  No money or reward cheats were used.
-There are several BAT files and other tools that i used (i.e. NAM, industry quadrupler etc.) that i try to acknowledge as they come up in the posts.

Stay Tuned for more updates and region views!

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments