Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Anderson has 25% population increase second year in a row!

Sign in to follow this  
CWLGAMER01

Welcome back to Anderson!
Today’s update has many new photos from the city. The city currently has a population of just over 200,000 residents and a budget of 3,000,000 and growing. Taxes are staying at very low levels as this has helped with the expansions. The current issues remain traffic, police protection, fire protection and education. The areas that have been affected the most remain on Humprey Hill just east of downtown. More city services are being considered for that area.
Some things you will notice:
  • An increase in middle density housing and high density housing in downtown.
  • The beginnings of Interstate 85 just south.
  • Attempts to stop urban sprawl (you be the judge if it is working…. J)
  • Traffic continues to increase even as new roads are built.
Also we will look at one of Anderson’s “sister cities” – Glenn Cove Beach. This up and coming beach resort is growing and has something to offer – vacation time!
Hope you enjoy the update – please post comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon!!

a_01.jpg

a_02.jpg

a_03.jpg

a_04.jpg

a_06.jpg

p_04.jpg

p_05.jpg

p_06.jpg

p_07.jpg

p_08.jpg

p_09.jpg

p_10.jpg

p_11.jpg

p_12.jpg

p_13.jpg

p_14.jpg

p_15.jpg

p_16.jpg

p_17.jpg

p_18.jpg

p_19.jpg

p_20.jpg

p_21.jpg

p_22.jpg

p_23.jpg

p_24.jpg

Now we look at Glenn Cove Beach -- enjoy!!

p_30.jpg

p_31.jpg

p_32.jpg

p_33.jpg

p_34.jpg

p_35.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

The second picture reminds me of I 25 and HWY 26 between Ashville NC and Columbia SC, right on the state line. These tweo highways snake right next to one another through the corridor. Nice growth. This CJ just may make me break down and buy CXL

Share this comment

Yeah -- I think you ment Interstate 26 and US 25......  But anyway -- Yes that is a wondeful section of Interstate as the highway rolls over the mountains and drops into the piedmont.... on a clear day you can see Greenville and Spartanburg from there!!  Best view is coming east on I-26 right before US 74 splits off towards Charlotte.......  That is a great area!!!

Share this comment

Your city is nice. Every detail I saw in your pictures can be seen in real mid-size cities nowadays. And your planning of road network is very good!

Share this comment

Wow! I see some great large -size development in Anderson!
Also, What is your Username on CXL, and What planet is Anderson on?

Share this comment