Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rooleyson Highway Network (RHN)

Sign in to follow this  
Asheroo

5kq5c7.png           nguc82.png

The Rooleyson Highway Network (RHN) is a big network of highways that spread throuhgout the city, giving easy and fast access to all areas of the city. The network was first designed when two highways were built through a part of the town back in the early stages of development of the town. The original plan was to just have these highways go wherever they are built in the town, but the council didn't like this as nearby cities have had major problems with this.

This is the current RHN Map...

2pyolew.jpg

The council decided to have their own designed highways which will connect to each other throughout the town. There would be different highway "stems" that would go from one area of one side of town to another. This way, they would develop a neat systeam to suit the town and give great access for citizens. As shown in the above map, the current "stems" we have are...

H (Highway) 1 - This section currently goes from the Tamewood exit through to Brokeford and Laree. This section is still developing on.

H2 - This section currently goes from the Tamewood Industrial Project to the CBD and is still developing.

H3 - This section is complete and goes from the interchange with H1 at Brokeford to the interchange with H2 (possibly future H5) in the CBD.

H4 - This section is new and still under construction. The highway will go down the west side of the city and most likely end in the southern suburbs. The section currently intersected with H2 at the T.I.P. and contains the airport bypass.

Leslie (aka. The Kanga) Highway - This is not considered part of the RHN. It runs out of Rooleyson and along the Kanga River. It was originally named after Mayor Leslie, previous mayor of a nearby town, but is sometimes known as the Kanga Highway for running along the Kanga River. Sometimes the river can also be mistaken to be called the Leslie River.

Currently, the city council is debating about whether future developments of the current "stems" past the major areas should be named as a new stem or not. So for example, the hinted H5 I stated about H3 would be the H2 highway going from the current H3/H2 to the southern suburbs (possibly an interchange with H4). The H1 highway going past the H1/H3 intersection would then be H6. More on this will come later as the city further develops.

The two intersections in the T.I.P, the firts on the left being between H2 and H4, and the second between H2 and the Leslie/Kanga Highway...

2898ktc.jpg

The intersection between H2 and H3 in the CBD (first sneak peak at the CBD)...

2hn2xw2.jpg

Along the H3 in the CBD, towards the intersection with H2...

33f8daq.jpg

The intersection at Brokeford between H1 and H3...

2s9r4oy.jpg

The Tamewood exits (the first on the right with T.I.P. road and the second on the left with Delley Road...

jhzm1x.jpg

The T.I.P. exit, where H2 starts...

2r2b3w5.jpg

The H2 Tunnel under Kathine Hill...

fawhao.jpg

Along the H3 at East Moree, towards the CBD...

mbr1wn.jpg

Under the overpass, at the exit to South Brokeford and Tingalwra...

347fply.jpg

The new H4 with the airport bypass, and the Leslie/Kanga Highway underneath it...

256uvsi.jpg

Stay tuned to The Rooleyson Journal for more on the CBD, Brokeford & Laree, the suburbs on the westside of the MacJohnson River and news on the international airport.;)

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

...... I like..... good work..... I like how you use the "road" for the bridges -- I think those ave. bridges are a bit too much myself -- using the 2 lane one like you have looks much better IMO!!  Good work -- cant wait to see the next update.......

Oh yeah -- how about I-85 run through here and connect you to Anderson???  Any thoughts -- get with your council and I will have a chat with the governor....

Share this comment

If I see this, I so wanna build this kind of stuff to, but when I was a beta tester, it took to long to actually get a highway and designing it then was quite hard. Hopefully the real version is a lot better:D At least it seems that way:) Awesome shots:D

Share this comment

The only problem with your highways is that every interchange has signals whick sort of defeates the purpose. Looking at your pictures it seems you have quite a few traffic problems. Otherwise very nice city. This is my favourite simtropoilis journal.

Share this comment