• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

West Capitalis

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

The western part of Capitalis is usually seen as an area that commuters and tourists bypass to get into town. Nevertheless, West Capitalis is important, as it connects windward to leeward, west to east, and the world to Capitalis. Its neighborhoods make up over 10% of Community Island's population.

westcapitalis.jpg

The area of Kajarapa is composed of numerous smaller neighborhoods. There is a wide-spread rumor that the great Administrator, Sum Won Yuno, lives in an undisclosed residence here, that may or may not be in this photo. Other speculation of the great Administrator's home include, but are not limited to, in a geosynchronous satelite, in another dimension, or in a parallel universe.

kajarapa.jpg

Kariti is a large R$ neighborhood that stretches from the ocean and into the valley to the north. Though it has has a reputation of being a rough neighborhood, grassroots and government-led efforts are working to counter the area's problems.

kariti1.jpg

kariti2.jpg

The Princess Highway was built as the second roadway to cut through the Ko'orau Moutains to serve the Windward City area.

lisnowtunnels.jpg

The Pajunajuna area is a major retail and industrial business district. The lower half is vulnerable to flooding, as the average elevation is at current sea level. Some streets are lower. They are flooded with salt water at especially high tides, and sea creatures can be found coming out of storm drains.

pajunajuna1.jpg

pajunajuna2.jpg

Poanarua is a R$$ residential neighborhood. The Poanarua Valley to the north is a privately-owned, but publicly-accessible forest reserve.

poanarua.jpg

Salt Lake is the densest neighborhood outside of in-town Capitalis. The eastern 1-mile stretch of the mountain-side of Salt Lake Blvd. is lined with mid-rise and high-rise apartment buildings.

saltlake1.jpg

The lake that gives it its name was once salty because it had no outlet. Artesian wells raised the water level in the lake, and canals allowed the accumulated minerals to be washed away. Today, much of the lake has been filled in, and a golf course replaces it.

saltlake2.jpg

Ariapanu is an extinct volcanic crater, and is the name of the largely R$$ neighborhood around it.

ariapanu.jpg

The land on the ocean side of Salt Lake Blvd. is largely owned and leased by the Simerican Navy. Single-family housing for soldiers and their families make up the majority of the land use here. At the western end, there are K-12 schools, high-tech facilities, and retail.

militaryhousing.jpg

On the ocean side of the P-1 Freeway Airport Viaduct, there is the Airport Business/Industrial Area. The land is owned by the State and leased to private business owners.

airportindust.jpg

The Capitalis International Airport is the largest in the Paradisian Islands. It was once a major stopover for trans-SimPacific flights. Although that is not the case as much anymore, it still is among the busiest airports in the United States of Simerica. Almost all interisland, interstate and international passenger traffic for Paradise is by air.

airport.jpg

The airport has four main runways: two east-west (8L/26R & 8R/26L) and two diagonal (4L/22R & 4R/22L). There are also two water runways (4W/22W & 8W/26W) to the east for seaplanes.

runways.jpg

The 8R/26L runway is the SimWorld's first one built offshore.

reefrunway1.jpg

reefrunway2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Schulmanator:  Thank you, and I'm honored, but I don't know how to golf.   I'm not sure which golf course you're referring to.  There are four golf courses in the first picture alone, and two dozen in the entire region!

Share this comment

lol I think he meant the whole golf club in the 7th and 8th pic. Well you just need to swing (like at hockey) and never keep out the ball from the eyes! Simple isn't it? xD

Share this comment

sumwonyuno, I can't wait to see your next CJ, if you create one! I hope so! xD

IDEAS : RIO DE JANEIRO

(I think it's your style of city! xD well have a nice build time!)

Share this comment

Blakeway:  Ahh, the Salt Lake golf course.  It looks like a difficult course to me with all those water hazards!

Heh, I'm going to stick with Capitalis for a long time, so I won't create another CJ.  The Island Tour isn't the only thing that I have planned, there's an entire main story after the Island Tour is finished (I haven't had the time to put pictures with text to make chapters yet).  Then after the main story, I'm going to reconstruct limited parts of the island, to add or change things.

Share this comment