• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Seaport Village and the Embarcadero

helomoto

Seaport Village and the Embarcadero

Screen_Shot_2015_06_17_at_11_18_27_PM.pn

Keeping with tradition in that Seaport Village is primary a touristy place that people go to shop at I decided to download a mall as well as plant many of the parks for the Embarcadero Marina Park North, I want to be able to find docks to place in between the north and south park but as of now have not found any that are downloadable.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_26_at_1_55_02_PM.png

This is just a repeat of the last picture but at an aerial view. As you can see I was able to place many of the buildings such as the Manchester Grand Hyatt towers as well as the building at 700 West Harbor Dr but was unable to find any suitable buildings to replicate the San Diego Convention Center (which will be hosting Comic-Con soon).

Screen_Shot_2015_04_26_at_1_55_14_PM.png

Up next is a picture of a few places shot from an aerial view. Here we see from left to right: the cruise ship terminal, the Broadway Pier (which normally has a building that I am assuming is a restaurant but could not figure it out), the USS Midway which CSL currently does not offer anything to replicate in the workshop, and the fish market. Not sure if anyone works with the workshop on Steam but I would love to be able to place a aircraft carrier along where the USS Midway normally is.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_17_at_11_18_27_PM.pn

Here is a picture of downtown in which many of the buildings if looked at from an aerial view appear to be a set of tools and so I was told this part of downtown is commonly referred to as the 'Toolbox'. Luckily I was able to find a file in the workshop of Emerald Plaza however for the rest of the buildings I am going to be improvising heavily.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_26_at_1_56_33_PM.png

This image is from the exact same location except facing the exact opposite way (southwest). Although you cannot see the bridge, parts of Coronado are visible as well as North Island NAS (which I am still currently using as a dump among other things that I didn't want to have placed in residential neighborhoods. Let me know if anyone finds any DLC that would match some of the skyscrapers in downtown, and have a great week!

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

It's really coming along nicely - kudos for your persistence... recreations are always tough, especially with a brand new game.  

Share this comment