• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Emerald Basin - Ready to Zone

goose0183

The Chair of the Office of Basin Development, James Forthmeyer, has announced that Emerald Basin is ready for zoning. With the transportation network 80% complete and the entire region rendered, residents and businesses can start to move their interests into the area.

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Glad to be  one of your CJ Readers at the beginning of a future Great Region of cities!  I am looking forward to the I-20 updates as well.  Were you interested in the Bended Bridge (just an additional Bridge that may be useful in an odd shape area that need a crossing where this bridge may come in handy

Share this comment

Glad to be  one of your CJ Readers at the beginning of a future Great Region of cities!  I am looking forward to the I-20 updates as well.  Were you interested in the Bended Bridge (just an additional Bridge that may be useful in an odd shape area that need a crossing where this bridge may come in handy

Thanks; I plan on spending years of time on this.....and I wouldn't mind winning CJ of the Year my rookie year! I rectified the bridge situation; basically by not doing it diagonal at all lol. About our regions....maybe we can simulate a neighbor connection. I could sending you the city tiles around the I-20 connection on the very western edge of my region, you could develop it as you wish, and then send them back to me, I could send you the finished product, and we'll see if the overlap will work. I could even develop some of your tiles on your I-20 connection. Don't know if any of that is feasible, let me know what you think.

Share this comment

Oh and uh....."Click PIC to enlarge:

That's what I have done, the first Peyton Place  , Stepford, Troy Region was in SC3000 being updated  from the day sc3000 was released until sc4 was released in early 2000's. the replicated region in  sc4 was much nicer over sc3000 i was at the point where the region maintained itself.  it was fun putting a few years into it - and 'looking for a lot to occupy wasn't easy to do.... that region was frozen in a 2010 Self-Inflicted-Hard-Disk-Drive-Crash-Time-Capsule.

I hope to keep the current alive and do some transplanting at first signs of system problems.   and Yes, the western end of the region is where most of the open area is ("and the huge S.M.A. Owned Stepford Haven SIMetery  (I'm talking about so many planted out there it turns into ZombieLand every October.. The S.M.A installed a  Soylent Processing Plant out there - no one knows what that deal is - or why the plant and simetery seem to 'scatch each oter's backs'.  Oh the Denton Family has TONS of acres out there..those are some brave people living out that way.

Screenshot 1 is a portion of DentonFire Farms and the winding road that dead-ends at Stepford Haven.  .second pic is a

peyton%20simetery%20rd.jpg?psid=1

SCREENSHOT 2  : (taken awhile back for use in a commute study - discussion), The entire western border is where you see in the distance  Burlington tiny town, the #2 Train Station, a small private Island at Cape Fear, a two-arches train bridge (to show rhe limited land-locked waterway, then  the original spot used to highlight Talbottsville one of the smaller towns in region- i now have Talbottsville on the other side of a mountain on Stepford island... and Bugg  Tussle,  Soylent Plant and SIMetery .,

Yes, let me know an estimated area along the borders of the western end where Interstate-20 East-West should be coming through.  I do like the comment/suggestion you've made the other day where a pseudo-connecters could be interesting fun for all who participate and see how far the interstate has grown when others join in to pick up I-20 on either side of the last city that constructs I-20 through their cities picking up at the closest tile where the last city's "i=20" exits town and so on.

TRAIN2.jpg?psid=1

Share this comment

[sharedmedia=blog:entries:23367]

The above entry has my region map.....you can see where I-20 exits to the west, right along the coast. We'd obviously have a town there to bridge the connection

Share this comment