• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

V Winter Simlympiad Bid: Benson 2013 :: Here, Now (Part I)

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

Right from SimSports, here's the first part of my Winter Simlympics bid. The exams, uni projects and this new SC4 project made Al-Qurayyah to take a little rest meanwhile I can't provide good-quality updates. Stay tuned for Part II!

logo.jpg

*Not an original logo, but I think this is one of the best Olympics logos ever!

presentation_banner.jpg

Where is Benson?

The City of Benson is placed somewhere on the North American midwest. Its privileged situation, in a plain area next to the Rockies, makes it the perfect spot for a Winter Simlympics bid.

Why Benson?

1. Ours is an small but vibrant city, with very diverse areas, an animated nightlife, a very high living standard and with many interesting landmarks to see. Not only a cold place but a cool place!

2. The venues placed in the Benson city area manage to meet tradition with the most modern facilities, somewhere where athletes will surely be happy to compete in.

3. The nearby Mount Independence ski resort is a popular touristic destination, having earned a great reputation during the latest decades; has proven to be a confortable place surrounded by snow during the Winter months.

4. Benson has a wide range of accommodation for all visitors and participants of these Simlympics.

presentation.jpg

presentation_1.jpg

How are we going to do that?

With lots of illusion, passion for sport, and the venues we'll be seeing onwards!

benson_venues2.jpg

As previously said, the venues placed at in the Benson city proper show the perfect balance between tradition and modernity. Some venues have seen great sports moments for our city, and others, are only temporary and will go back to its regular use once the Simlympics end. Provisional doesn't mean "bad" here, and athletes will never notice they're in a temporary facility. Let's take a closer look to them.

08080_arena.jpg

This spectacular stadium with capacity for roughly 42,000 spectators will see the opening and closing ceremonies. The NFL team Benson Express will cease its competition here during the Winter Simlympics, we thank them for their collaboration with the Organising Comitee. Below its fiberglass fabric roof, we're going to host an spectacular show broadcasted live to the whole world.

shigley_skating_rink.jpg

Moving east we find the Shigley Stadium, a tennis venue. During the Winter Simlympics, as it is done every Winter, it is going to be covered by a thick ice layer, making it the perfect choice for the figure skating and short track speed skating competition. The roof, inspired in Munich 1972 Olympics and in the Rocky Mountains, prevents the ice meltdown, covering all the stadium's south side; this makes that ice will keep being ice during all Winter without the Organisation intervention.

joe_louis_arena.jpg

Joe Louis Arena is placed between Benson river and the city downtown, a place that has seen the NHL Benson Red Jackets win two Stanley Cups since its construction in 1977. This venue, with capacity for around 20,000 spectators will have the privilege of hosting the always exciting ice hockey competition. The Red Jackets staff will proudly help with the Organisation to conduct the competition.

benson_tech_stadium.jpg

This stadium, Benson Tech Skrewdrivers home field, will be aconditioned to host the speed skating competition, also with a thick ice layer over the field. Its length and width makes it a good place to host this competition, given that the Joe Louis arena is already taken by the ice hockey competition. This stadium boasts plenty of public transport and parking space, providing an easier access for all attendance.

bicentennial_hall.jpg

Placed in West Benson suburb, this facility was built in 1992 and was specifically designed for curling practice; it has become a very popular sport in Benson since then. It is only a short walk far from Athletes Village, anyways, hydrogen-powered Simlympic Buses will link the Bicentennial Hall and Athletes Village to avoid curlers to carry all the instruments by themselves.

As you can see, the city is all in with the Winter Simlympics!

city_banner.jpg

Next update: Mount Independence venues

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

That looks great! Best of luck in your bid, I'm sure the Port Matthew athletes will love competing there. And GO WINGS!!! I mean, uh, JACKETS!

Share this comment

Beautiful job on the CJ! I know it's kind of late to be commenting on this, but that stadium in the fourth picture from the top, where can I download it from?

Share this comment