• Announcements

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Interstate Tour - Marshall

Interstate Tour - Marshall

Moving further down I-5S into Grid G2, we start to move away from the rural and farmland areas into more developed and suburban areas. I-5 separates farmlands from the industrial center of the northeastern metropolitan area, Indiport. Indiport is the area that provides the most jobs to all of the smaller towns of the northeast.

gridg201i5mile13.jpg

Exit 13 east goes to Indiport, while Exit 13 west goes toward the suburban city of Bradford Park. Continuing down I-5, once you pass Miller Farm, you hit the Marshall city limits.

gridg202i5exit13.jpg

Exit 11 for Scherbatsky Parkway. Exit 11 West takes you through Solar City right into the heart of Seven Corners, while Exit 11 East takes you past Marshall and leads you eastward toward the coastal cities of Luxury Coast and Chalmers.

gridg203i5exit11.jpg

Passing Marshall, we get a tiny peek at a northwestern suburb of Marshall's sibling city, Mosby. Exit 10 South takes you to Mosby and is one of the interstate exists for Mosby-Marshall airport. Leaving Grid G2, we are now only about 10 miles from the Tauria State line.

gridg204i5exit10.jpg

As mentioned, Indiport is the industrial center of the northeast. The half in Grid G2 is 100% industrial while the half in Grid H2 is home to several outlets and warehouses for the manufactured goods and materials.

gridg205overheadindipor.jpg

This is a good time to explain the signage scheme for the metropolitan area. Signs for major cities are written in UPPERCASE, while neighborhoods within those major cities are written in Titlecase. As seen below, Bradford Park is a major city within the Andremore Metropolitan area. Alandale, Fort Foote, Mode Manor, and Presidential Park are all neighborhoods within Bradford Park. Also visible here is an overhead view of Marshall, the commercial jewel of the northeast. Neighborhoods include Barney Hill, Radnor Park, Teddington Heights, ...

gridg206overheadbradfor.jpg

... Alyson Hill, Ericksen, Hannigan, Teddington Heights, ...

gridg207overheadmarshal.jpg

Cobie Park, Lily Hills, Scherbatsky, Segel, and Stinson Park. Also visible in this view is the northwestern corner of the city of Aldrin.

gridg208overheadaldrin.jpg

Marshall is actually one of my personal favorite cities in the metropolitan area.

gridg209marshalldowntow.jpg

Marshall has a very active nightlife.

gridg210marshalldowntow.jpg

gridg211marshalldowntow.jpg

Marshall was voted one of the most desirable cities to live in the country.

gridg212marshalldowntow.jpg

A closeup of Marshall Square.

gridg213marshalldowntow.jpg

gridg214marshalldowntow.jpg

One of the busiest bus stops in Marshall.

gridg215marshalldowntow.jpg

gridg216marshalldowntow.jpg

gridg217marshalldowntow.jpg

gridg218marshalldowntow.jpg

gridg219marshalldowntow.jpg

Here are the most expensive townhouses and condos in Marshall - right on Howimet Lake.

gridg220marshalllakesid.jpg

gridg221marshalllakesid.jpg

Across the highway from Howimet Lake are very expensive condos on the southern tip of the Barney Hill neighborhood. One of the most controversial issues in the city is pressure from the State to add an exit to one of these overpasses to provide better access to downtown Marshall. The issue is that Exit 11 is the only exit that provides direct access from the highway to downtown Marshall, and the low capacity roads get crowded very quickly. Adding an additional exit would ease the burden. However, residents in Barney Hill do not want to destroy the scenic view or their privacy from having no direct access from the interstate.

gridg222marshallstinson.jpg

Barney Hill condos and townhouses.

gridg223marshallstinson.jpg

Segel Mall and Scherbatsky Mall are right across from each other, providing plenty of shopping options for the middle and high class residents. The movie studio on the western edge of the Scherbatsky neighborhood is a place of employment of many residents of Stinson Park and Lily Hills---home to a host of celebrities.

gridg224marshallscherba.jpg

Lily Hills---Home #1 of the most affluent residents in the metropolitan area.

gridg225marshalllilyhil.jpg

Stinson Park---Home #2 of the affluent residents.

gridg226marshallmosbypa.jpg

Teddington Heights

gridg227marshalltedding.jpg

Closeup of Teddington Heights.

gridg228marshalltedding.jpg

Scherbatsky Pkwy separating Stinson Park from Segel.

gridg229marshallscherba.jpg

Just one last picture of Marshall before we move on down the road.

gridg230marshalloverhea.jpg

Here are some label-free overview pictures:

gridg231overheadindipor.jpg

gridg232overheadbradfor.jpg

gridg233overheadmarshal.jpg

gridg234overheadaldrinc.jpg

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

One of the better CJs I've seen for a while, the elements come together nicely even with mostly maxis content.

I also realised the CJ dates from 2007....

Share this comment

Thanks for the comments folks. I cannot wait to show you guys the whole region in some closer shots. And just wait until we get downtown...

Share this comment

@beenthabeast - haha yeah, I do post a lot... that's also a contributing factor as to why it takes so long for me to update... but I like to be organized to make it easier to look at. I find it tough to get through some journals because it's just one pic per entry. So even though it's not as good for my numbers, I like this method of presentation overall.

Share this comment