• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rapid Transit coming to Sepulchral City!

Sign in to follow this  
regionlong

Sepulchral City's Rapid Transit, in your hands.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which form of rapid transit should be built?

• Operate as a regular bus express route, in mixed traffic.
    • Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), with dedicated lanes
    • Light Rail Transit (LRT)
    • Elevated Metro
    • Underground Metro (keep in mind of insufficient demand)
    • Others (please comment)

20100911161446.pngHuman Transit Corporation

Since 1930

Proposal of Future Rapid Transit in Sepulchral City

Sepulchral City began as a small town in the 1980s, and has been regarded as a not-so-desirable place to live for centuries (and hence its name). But with the introduction of a mid-way stop on the Torbury - Bay City Rail Line opened in the 2010s, the hemlet quickly boomed into a city, and today in the 2070s, it is the 5th biggest city in the Free State of Torbury.

The city has also evolved from a hemlet to a major regional transportation hub. Residents in the southwestern Free State of Torbury often need to transfer here to other destinations across the Free State.

In 2070, the Sepulchral City Amalgamation Act was passed, and as of 1 January, 2071, the former City of Pinelock and the Town of Renwell merged into the city, and now Sepulchral City is a city of 52,000 with three major urban hubs.

The city has proposed to build a rapid transit system, and now it is up for bidding between our company and another. We have an advantage over this as we have won many contracts to run public transit in the city.

Thus far, we have noticed that Route 401 is one of the most busiest corridors in the city. There are 2 branches: Route 401D Heppwell Direct and Route 401E MacDonald-Cartier Express.

route401.png

Figure 1. The route map of the current configuration of Routes 401, 401D, and 401E. Our advertisement of our proposed transit plan is made on the right side of this route map. The stops and routings have not been finalized, however. It is proposed that the rapid transit be branded as SSpreSS.

We do not know WHICH FORM OF RAPID TRANSIT we should implement, and it would be appreciated if you can vote on this. Keep in mind that, this is just a city of 52,000 spread over 3 major hubs.

Referring to the proposed rapid transit map above, now let's look at the proposed locations of the stations.

Feel free to suggest relocations/additions of stations.

simscr181.png

Figure 2. Tin Ying / MacDonald - Cartier (to the right) corresponds to Tin Ying on the map, and likewise Tsui Yi / MacDonald - Cartier (to the left) corresponds to Tsui Yi on the map. The RED bar denotes overcrowdiness currently.

simscr182.png

Figure 3. Chemical Plant Loop. A major transit hub just north of the city, featuring several connecting routes such as Route 408+ Oakcross, Route 422 Tin Ying, and Route 426 Hoi Po.

simscr183.png

Figure 4. MacDonald - Cartier / Luen Wan (to the right) corresponds to Luen Wan on the map; likewise Sepulchral City Centre Terminal (which connects to many cities across the region) corresponds to Sepulchral Centre.

simscr184.png

Figure 5. Areas near Cheung Fat on the map. This area is the least developed as it is newly acquired during the amalgamation.

simscr185.png

Figure 6. The area near Renwell and Hoi Po (to the extreme left) on the map. This area is formerly the Town of Renwell, and is another major urban hub within Sepulchral City.

simscr186.png

Figure 7. Last but not least, what is formerly the City of Pinelock, now part of Sepulchral City. High Street on the map is to the right of this figure. Shek Wu Hui is the city centre of Pinelock and thus in the centre of this picture, and Kwai Hap River on the map corresponds to the creek that runs in the lower left of the picture.

----------

Please remember to vote!

--------

And that's all!

Remember to check our route map section (UPDATE #2), as we'll update that regularly. Update 1971 is now up with MANY EXCITING SERVICE IMPROVEMENTS!

We are online! (Along with other regions of mine). Check out http://gravenhurst.wikia.com

Currently, Torbury only has ~5 articles out of the 159 articles. The other articles are about other regions.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

dude, this CJ make me download this game and now I'm addicted to simutrans!!!
Awesome work, dude!!

Now, i was wondering: what's your game strategy? 'cause all your cities look great.
And will you update the torbury state system map?

Share this comment

[quote name='Luiz P. Romanini' timestamp='1336263845']
dude, this CJ make me download this game and now I'm addicted to simutrans!!!
Awesome work, dude!!

Now, i was wondering: what's your game strategy? 'cause all your cities look great.
And will you update the torbury state system map?
[/quote]
I shall make another post soon about the game strategy, but to make it short for now, I have several "hub" cities, where they are major interchange hubs for intercity travels, they usually have major rail routes connected to them, and with various intercity bus routes to connect to nearby smaller towns.

Then for intracity travels (inside a city), I have a grid-like network that features major bus routes travelling on the north-south and east-west thoroughfare, and sometimes express service is implemented if the demand is far greater than what can be handled by traditional bus routes, and this network is supported by collector routes or community routes, which brings passengers from basically where they live to the grid for easy connections.

There are usually terminals and hubs that "collect" the bus routes at the endpoints in major communities within the cities.

I would also update the system map shortly. The system has really grown a lot and it won't be possible to fit everything into one map anymore, so it will feature several maps in the entry. So stay tuned! :)

Share this comment

[quote name='Luiz P. Romanini' timestamp='1337294589']
Dude, where's this week's update?
[/quote]
Please rest assured that another update is on the way. It will be on a case study of the third largest metropolitan area's transit system in the Free State, and should be posted shortly.

Sorry for the delay! :)

Share this comment

[quote name='regionlong' timestamp='1337642389']
Luiz P. Romanini, on , said:

Dude, where's this week's update?
Please rest assured that another update is on the way. It will be on a case study of the third largest metropolitan area's transit system in the Free State, and should be posted shortly.

Sorry for the delay! :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the answer me and sorry if i sounded too anxious, but i can't wait for your next update! :thumb:

P.S: I've voted for the elevated metro though i'm recently intrested in the BRT, cause this transport system will soon be put into the city i live (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) 8)

P.P.S: I just realized that this benedict from the comments is the guy from the top 10!!! :O
AWESOME!! :D :D

Share this comment