• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Hausville

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Year 3, the doctor's in.... and so is the teacher?

Sign in to follow this  
delconjr

Replies: Fbi123.... I'm taking this opportunity to tell you I'm not responding to that question because I honestly would not be able to hold my tongue and not hurl insults about your intelligence... thanks for reading, well no I can't really say that because it's pretty obvious you chose not to read.

A/N: To those of you who are reading this for the first time, go back.... read all of it, it'll take you about 3 minutes tops and it will prevent dumb comments from being made. For those of you who are just not clearly getting this, this CJ is not a "look how pretty this picture is" CJ or an "I'm going to write a really bad political thriller and use SC4 to illustrate" CJ. The premise of this CJ is to write a a CJ based on the premise of PLAYING SC4, this is after seeing the comments made on the discussion board about the new SC5 coming out that people wanted a game that involved micromanaging and serious work instead of the over simplified "facebook" games like SCS. This is what that CJ plays toward, if you came here to gawk at pretty pictures and then comment on my CJ like I'm posting spam about enlarging your dick because I don't fill the screen with pictures full of custom content go away please. For those of you who are patient I promise custom content will begin to insert itself into the CJ as the city grows and evolves.

blogentry-447980-0-19179300-1333212055_t

As year 3 of Hausville's existence began the major controversy was about the problem of water pollution effecting the health residents of the town. Mayor George Haus was tasked with lowering water pollution. After looking into solutions for the problem Mayor Haus put a 13% tax increase in order to pay for a new water treatment facility. The vote failed (and was backed up by those of you who voted here at Simtroplois, thanks for voting) and mayor Haus was sent back to the drawing board. After discussing the problems with local residents it became clear that the issue was not as much the pollution but the fact that the residents health was suffering because of it. A health clinic was proposed to be built at a 1% tax increase. The proposal passed unanimously in a town wide vote.

*place holder* (I took a picture of the wrong thing)

After completing the issues with the health of the town residents Haus turned his attention toward the growing commercial sector in town.

blogentry-447980-0-71291600-1333211964_t

With almost 200 jobs being created by in the commercial sector the Mayor sat down with business owners in town to look into ways to continue to build the growing sector. After a few meetings Mayor Haus came back with another small tax increase of 1.2% to build and manage a small elementary school to get simple writing, and math skills to the children of Hausville.

blogentry-447980-0-71291600-1333211964_t

After the tax increase and the construction of the med clinic and the elementary school the budget of Hausville has changed greatly since the previous year. The margin of error has been decreased down to $3 (giving a $72 rainy day budget)

Coming up: Year 4 Cops, Robers and Main Street

Sign in to follow this  

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

I agree it's nice to see a journal like this about the playing of SC! This is why we love the game, right? And there are tons of "look at the pretty pictures I plopped and photoshopped" CJs out there (as well as a handful of absolutely amazing "look at the pretty pictures I've got in a functional running city"), but to me that's not the heart of the game. It's just icing on the cake. But you can't have icing if you don't have a sturdy cake!

Share this comment