• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

3 - Crossing Founder's River

Sign in to follow this  
maskedbandit101

REPLIES

10000000000000: Thanks, man! That list helped. I'm still in the process of adding stuff, so I'll work on mixing my foliage.

MamaLuigi945: Thanks a lot. Yeah, the Maxis trees are...um...there. Again, I'm working on mixing in other bits. It'll take some time, though. :)

LastTrueChamp: Thanks.

vivapanda: Thank you.

TowerDude: Ha, thanks! You'll have to check with local realtors to see if there are any lots left!

cifa: Thank you very much.

NMUSpidey: Ha, thanks a lot. It helps when you have more tools at your disposal to work with when it comes to beautification and the shore line. Gotta build up the resources!

vortext: Thanks for the list! I'll be sure to download some of what's there.

Crossing Founder's River

33.jpg

As Smeethe grew, people branched out across the river. The town is now a full-fledged city, and it has been growing rapidly ever since the interstate connected to Co. Rd. A.

32.jpg

Once crossing the river, you'll immediately notice some rather wealthy-looking homes. These are old-money homes, with generation after generation passing the land down to their younger kin. While this area is 'new' by Smeethe standards, it is still quite old.

31.jpg

Right across the river, butting up against some farmland, sits Smeethe County High, the county's only high school. The facilities and campus are top notch.

34.jpg

Across the interstate and down County Road A sits the town of Skeever. Skeever is a small town and still offers agricultural learning opportunities for children in grades K - 8. Students can learn husbandry, agriculture, and various other 'rural' activities.

35.jpg

Founder's River runs through the heart of the region and is named to honor those brave people who first conquered the wilderness and settled in Smeethe County.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you've enjoyed this entry. I'd like to say thank you again to EVERYONE who has taken the time to look at and comment on this City Journal. I'm always looking for advice on how to improve as well as sets that would help me achieve a more realistic look. Have a wonderful evening and a wonderful week. :)

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hi there. Nice nice work. I like how you have incorporated farmland in with the development. You might want to smooth out some of those roads (road behind Smeethe County High and by the baseball field). Great work overall!

Share this comment

Awesome! I like the fields by the school the most :D , you can use slope mods to do what JGellock was talking about. Ennedi has a great one! Great work so far though :)

Share this comment

My advice at this point would be to either get a slope mod or to work on smoothing out your roads and such. Think of it like real life, before they build a building or road they usually do earthwork to give it a smooth, stable foundation. You should do the same for your lots and roads. Keep up the good work, this is a fine CJ.

Share this comment

What exactly do slope mods do? Would they help when placing buildings and stuff? What slope mods do you recommend? I see 10000000000000 suggested one by Ennedi...I'll do a search at the ol' Exchange. :)

Share this comment

Slope mods make the land more smooth under your roads, rail, etc. But they can sometimes be harder to build with. It adds a larger dimension to civil engineering to the game, and can make your city look even more realistic.

P.S. I found you.

Share this comment

Good work so far with this CJ! I love your small cities and towns so far.

Hope to see another update soon! :)

Share this comment