Windemere 2.0

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 48: Taschereau University Expands.

simlink

update48banner.jpg

Update Synopsis:

Taschereau University has been gaining a reputation as one of the best universities in SimNation. The number of students has been rapidly increasing year after year. The university has needed to expand for several years, and after a grant from the federal and provincial governments and a discount on the purchase of land from the Region of Taschereau, an expansion was announced. After several years of construction, it is completed, and we are going to go have a look. So, let's go!

maintaschereaubanner.jpg

48.1| This picture shows of TU's main campus several years before construction began. It was a small university, which has previously added one building in the 1990's. The university grew cramped as more students were accepted. after a certain point, they couldn't accept any more students as the university was already operating at 120% at any given point. The only solution, an aaddition. In a big way.

481southlands.jpg

48.2 | And here is the new campus! It is greatly larger than the original campus. This campus, unlike the original campus, has student residences, lecture halls, shopping, sports fields and parking as part of one campus. The original buildings are still in use, in conjunction with the new campus.

482southlands1.jpg

482southlands2.jpg

48.3 | Here we see 2 of the buildings that house the Faculty of Business. It is one of the premeir business schools in the country, and is highly sough-after. Both Undergraduate and Graduate programs are offered.

483southlands.jpg

48.4| Here we see 2 of the large lecture hall buildings. The majority of buildings were designed to be unique, to provide a better environment for students and create some interest in the area's landscape.

484southlands.jpg

48.5 | Here is one of the student residence complexes. The residence buildings are mostly single-occupant rooms, with either shared common spaces or apartment suites. This complex surrounds sports fields, which provide stress-releif for over worked students. :)

485southlands.jpg

48.6 | These buildings house more lecture halls, but also house smaller classrooms that are used for more intimate gatherings with students, professors and other faculty.

486southlands.jpg

48.7 | This office building houses the majority of faculty offices, professor offices and student services offices. Administrative duties for the university are also handled here. Some faculty offices and general offices are still located on the old campus.

487southlands.jpg

48.8 | This area houses more student residences. There are also some shopping options for students - and the public - inclusing a pharmacy, grocery store and video rental store.

488southlands.jpg

48.9 | This is the university's concert hall. The orchestra is very well known and respected in the region and beyond. There are several concerts each year here put on the orchestra. Touring orchestras also play here, keeping the hall busy year-round.

489southlands.jpg

45.10 | To finish off, a mosaic of the main portion of the new campus at night. Brightly lit, students are now burning the midnight oil trying to finish those papers that are soon due.

4810southlands1.jpg

4810southlands2.jpg

4810southlands3.jpg

4810southlands4.jpg

4810southlands5.jpg

Replies are done in the comments section of each update. :)

As always, I hope you've enjoyed this update and are looking forward to more! Comments and replies are always welcome.

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

[font="Book Antiqua"][center]
[color="#FFA500"][size="4"][b]Replies:[/b][/size][/color]
[size="2"]

[b]Schulmanator:[/b]
Thanks, I wanted some buildings that were unique for the campus. :)

[b]10000000000000:[/b]
Thank You, I'm glad you think so. :D

[b]bwong:[/b]
Thanks, glad you like it! I've included a list of some of the buildings used at the end of this post.

[b]SVW-Giant:[/b]
Thank You! Wanted something unique - less block-like buildings and something more unique. :)

[b]ee99[/b]
Thanks, I'd like to as well! :)

[b]harrythecat:[/b]
Glad you think so, I wanted a more modern theme for the campus.

[b]TurkishStyler:[/b]
Thank You! I will soon include a list of some of the buildings in the bottom of this post. :)

[b]Paulobergonic:[/b]
Thanks, that is exactly what I was going for! :D

[b]Leszcyk:[/b]
Thanks, I will include a list of some of them at the bottom of the post.

[b]Easy Pete:[/b]
Thanks for commenting! I wanted to try something different, glad you like the end product! :D

[size="3"][b]Building Downloads:[/b][/size]

Will be coming soon... thanks for your patience!

[/size][/font][/center]

Share this comment