• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 48 - 1/7/12 - University of Wenzel - Martin Campus

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 48 - University of Wenzel - Martin Campus

Today we visit the University of Wenzel - Martin Campus. The university has around 10,000 undergraduate students and another 5,000 graduate students. The university's athletic teams are called the Red Raiders, and despite its mascot being a buccaneer, the university is still under pressure from native peoples to change the name. A total of 18 Red Raider athletic teams compete in WCAA Division I.

The university consists of seven undergraduate colleges, a graduate school, a nursing school, a law school, and a medical school and hospital.

0148010712.jpg

0248010712.jpg

0348010712.jpg

The title picture is the northeast corner of the university consisting mainly of the medical school, hospital, and medical research laboratories.

In this mosaic, we see more lecture halls, academic centers, and student housing. The UWM campus is quite condensed and consists of buildings spanning many eras. Towards the bottom of the picture we can see Andrew Marshall Track & Field.

0448010712.jpg

0548010712.jpg

0648010712.jpg

0748010712.jpg

0848010712.jpg

0948010712.jpg

Now facing west, we see Hollins Arena, more housing, and the original core campus.

1048010712.jpg

1148010712.jpg

1248010712.jpg

1348010712.jpg

1448010712.jpg

Recreational opportunities are available throughout campus, especially on the west side near Hollins Arena.

1548010712.jpg

1648010712.jpg

North edge of campus with a METRA railroad as a boundary.

1748010712.jpg

Facing south we see the UWM METRA station, student housing, and recreational fields.

1848010712.jpg

Facing east we see Red Raiders Stadium home of the D-1 football team.

1948010712.jpg

Facing north we see more athletic fields.

2048010712.jpg

2148010712.jpg

2248010712.jpg

2348010712.jpg

2448010712.jpg

I hope you enjoyed that update. I clearly haven't mastered creating a massive university yet, haha, but I am for the most part pleased with how it turned out. Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are. Tell me what you think of the new map style (scroll down to the farthest south area of google map style).

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice university campus! You made even the Maxis elements look nice thanks to their surroundings.

The size of the campus makes it look like more than 15,000 students could study there...

Share this comment

Thanks, I wish I had included a little more detail like naming the individual halls, creating a logo, etc, but just didn't have time or the skill, haha. Maybe in the future. I'm not sure how many students could study at the campus, maybe more could. Thanks!

Share this comment

If you don't mind my asking, how did you create that cluster of buildings arranged around a courtyard (I'm guessing they're the "student housing" you mention) in that second mosaic?

Share this comment

They are from a modular university pack somewhere around here...I'll get back to you with a link if I can find it.

Share this comment